Updating tags with mixed in key

SolDios

In iTunes:

Highlight all the songs you analysed

Right Click

Get info

change a field you don't use (e.g. composer) - i normally just put an 'a' in there

click ok - your tags will update

click get info again

delete the a i just put in composer.

click ok

Mattus' concept works, but only if you click get info then 'click' next through each song individually. My way you can batch update tags.

• 4 weeks later...

im just going to cut Sol's lunch here and state a prob im having with MIK 5.0 in his thread :teef:

MIK5 has been working just fine for me for sometime now, but recently i analyze a song, update in iTunes and nothing...

no bpm, Camelot key etc.

I have the latest iTunes & MIK, been doing it the same way i always do, download track, analyze, import to iTunes (always worked for me)

Tried doing it the other way, import to iTunes, update with MIK, update.

nothing, does anyone have a suggestion on what im doing wrong or whats wrong.. thanks.

• 4 months later...

im going back to this thread cause i used to have troubles wit MIK updating my iTunes library on my old comp.

MIK always analyzed the key and bpm, but i would have to update the tags manually..

well now i got my new comp, that problem is gone EXCEPT for one thing. Beatport tunes.

anything i buy off beatport i can analyze the key and bpm with MIK but never updates the tags in iTunes i still have to do it manually..

any ideas?

MIK makes iTunes comments set to eg. 6A - 85 << which works.

MIK & iTunes seem to work fine with each other analyzing and updatings so when i open Trakor, all is fine.

its beatport tracks particularly atm. i emailed MIK & beatport about it but got nutta.

MIK will analyze them, but wont to anymore than that :duh:

i wouldnt mind if MIK was a free prog, but........

I have no issues, what I do is this:

0. Open your music files with itunes.

1. Consolidate all files in iTunes by highlighting all and right clicking, then select consolidate.

2. next select your iTunes folder with MIK

3. analyse

4. play song in itunes, the tag should update.

^ my next point was that yeah wave dont hold the tags.

Another workaround could be to run all your music through mik first then into itunes.

I put all my music into genre folders then run them through mik, i then take the songs out of the folders into itunes or rekordbox for my playlists