Traktor crackling issue (Please help)

SolDios

Hey guys, im THIS close to exploding right now.

All I want to do is bloody record this mix, but the universe doesn't seem to want me to!

I have solved the recording issue, but now I have this bloody traktor crackling issue!

Here's a sample:

http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/26732051/file.html]Sample.mp3

The audio start's crackling like this about 5mins into running, and won't stop until you restart traktor, in which it does it again 5 mins later.

I am running 2.0.3 on a macbook pro i5 4gb ram with no other applications going.

My sample rate is 48000 and my Latency is 30ms

I have re installed my audio 6 driver, and am about to re-install traktor.

I did not have this issue when mixing earlier today!

sol

tsp1 or tsp2? there is one firmware of tsp1 that totally messed macs up. i cant remember which one (early 2010 i think).

anyways outside of that:

yeah your latency seems way too high. normally too low latency makes it crackle. so dont think its the latency causing it but you shouldnt have to run it that high.

what else have you got running off your computer.

wireless receivers (and even more so external USB wireless receivers) use to play havoc with tsp. i suggest shutting down your wireless card. if you need the net use an ethernet.

anything else that is not needed unplug!

like russ the majority of the time i have never had any crackle pop issues with traktor. especially with the older firmwares. i made the mistake of updating in late 2010 and started to get crackling (but it was only sporadic not all the time), but just increased latency to fix it.

the only thing i do is shut down the wireless card and stop the virus software, and its all sweet.

i had this same issue with traktor a while ago (mainly when i had the S4). Either upgrade to the new version, or downgrade to a version you didn't have issues with.

since i've had the mc6000, it happens every now and then if i'm doing a lot of other things in the back ground, but hardley ever, and never if i only have traktor running. Sometimes the updraged version has bugs in it though, so just revert back to an old version and see if that helps.

sol.

list out everything you have running in the background and what you have your lappy plugged into

(sorry i havent listened to the file) but is the crackling non stop or when you do things (for example mine was more prevelant when i loaded tracks).

finally, i know you have listed what version of tsp you are using but have you had a look at (and reinstalled) the soundcard firmware. I remember one of their updates to the firmware also caused havoc.

as has been discussed previously, NI is even worse than apple with their iphone/ itunes releases in terms of sending out untested buggy software. so if you get a setup that works, dont change it unless you really have to.

^ mmm, it seems to be a bug with the IO itself from other reports, Im going to try it with another usb cable.

Il also try backdating my audio 6 driver, it also seems I can't get any other tabs up under the audio 6 app other than the channel setup tab.

Im still wondering why these issues just suddenly occured, I hadn't updated anything and it just started all of a sudden.

Worst comes to worst il send it back and get an sl1

Edit:

Also 2.5 won't recognize my x1 on my pc or my mac

I have opened a ticket with NI:

Hello,

I currently am having an issue where after a certain amount of time, my audio starts to crackle, so I put the latency higher, and it eventually catches up, and so on...

This happened once in the past about 4 weeks ago, but a restart fixed it. Then all of a sudden it started doing it again yesterday afternoon.

I have been running 2.0.3 because it has always worked well for me, I tried updating to 2.5 but then nothing recognized.

I have re-installed traktor and my audio 6 driver numerous times, and my firmware is up to date.

I am running it on a 2011 macbook i5 with 4gb ram

My current settings are:

Sample rate: 44100khz

Latency: 2754 (64.4ms)

Also under my audio 6 control panel, there is only a channel setup tab.

Here is a sample of audio, you can hear at the start of the second song (dirty talk 3lau mashup) when it starts, then I change the sample rate and latency, then it starts again towards the end.

Edit: Will update link when upload is done

I have opened numerous tickets about this with no responce, and if it persists I will be sending it back and purchasing a SL1

Please help