Is bigger better 15' v 18' sub

AlexJ

so high on the list of things i have to buy is a sub. currently have 2 b212d's that sit on stands but as u can imagine im missing abit of low end. now im mindful of the fact that i would probably end up buying 2 subs but for now only 1 is on the cards.

Now the only reason i didnt go straight for 18' as that would be beastly, is because i am mindful of my primary focus. and that is mobile djing. the 1800D is like 15kg heavier. i think as it stands the 15' would be hard enough to move on its own never mind the extra for the 18'. Would i really loose out on that much just going for the 15'??

i used to move two 15 tops and two 18 subs by myself. but they were passive so the amps were separate.

if you wanna be able to setup by yourself and worried about the lifting, go the 15 with the ability to get another 15 down the track if you need / want

I have the 15 inch version of sols sub and same tops as you. The 15 goes hard enough, just BARELY fits in my car and is heavy enough. My personal opinion, the extra performance you get out of the 15 is not worth the extra weight and size.

They both have the exact same amplifier built in.

Have a listen in store. Ideally at full volume and see for yourself.