Random Build Thread

LabRat

if this isn't supposed to go here, feel free to move to appropriate location :likeasir:

anyways, this is a thread for the cool stuff you've built but it sorta doesn't deserve its own thread. obviously it's a non music related topic so keep this filled with random goodness. plus, the more details the better :)

i'll start;

i got bored and decided to lower a skateboard... and this is how it looks

img0543su.jpg

so basically i started with your normal skateboard. in order to lower it, you'll need to cut a portion out of the sides (where the wheels will sit) because you will be installing the truck on the grip side. strange right?

here's the pic with the markings ready to be cut. i made a mistake while marking out so the squiggly line is the part to be removed.

img0532tn.jpg

and here it is cut out (using a jigsaw is fine. just remember to drill a hole somewhere so you're able to cut horizontally)

img0533tu.jpg

I got a dremil and sand paper and just smoothed the shitty cuts up.

now, i don't have pics of the indervidual bolts but you'll need to hunt yourself some 90mm long bolts (head size doesnt really matter) and nylock (i think thats how it's spelt) nuts - because they're better.

i had to bore out the holes in my trucks 1.5mm for the bolts to fit and due to the head of the bolt i countersunk a 4mm bore into the body so it's enough to hide the bolt and still get a socket or ring spanner in there.

here's what it looks like with the trucks fiitted

img0537em.jpg

bolt the wheels on and that's basically it. i got 63mm long board wheels to go on it but i'm gonna try knock the front axles a bit to give it some camber.

anyways, feel free to share some stuff :)