how do i find out how fast my broadband is?

overit

wired v wireless won't really make any difference to your internet speed.

It will only really affect the speed of data transfer between devices on your network.

Because the wireless connection is faster than your internet connection, presuming your network isn't overloaded (which i doubt it would be) it won't really make a visible difference.

Wrapping up, that net speed will work for skype

wired v wireless won't really make any difference to your internet speed.

It will only really affect the speed of data transfer between devices on your network.

Because the wireless connection is faster than your internet connection, presuming your network isn't overloaded (which i doubt it would be) it won't really make a visible difference.

Wrapping up, that net speed will work for skype

Youre kidding?

Net speed just about halves from wired to wireless.

i just did speed tests on iphone (wireless) and my wired desktop. same wifi. same results.

Net speed is roughly 12mbps.

Most routers are n type these days. which depending on quality of router is 100-300mbps+

The only part that is 'slower' is you get is maybe a few milliseconds more for the data to get to your phone, but its arriving at the same bandwidth speed.

the only time the net speed will be slower on wireless is if your router is very badly configured or is absolute rubbish / faulty

• 8 months later...