possibly my first gig

Robbo123

mates cousin is having a house parrty and i said i could do it..he doesnt have anyone at the moment so i look a shoe in...

this will be my first gig and i only have the mixtrack pro but he kids are only 13/14 so theyll have no idea...

http://www.djlightsoundhire.com.au/hire/

the 140.00 package is looking best as the guy said hell pay and ill do the gig for free just get a feed a drink ect...

now i know it says that it comes with cables...and the middle one looks like the rca...so is this all i need to connect the speakers to my mixtrack pro and if the guy wants a mic is it easy to plug straight into the front of mixtrack.. also will i need to configure anything in virtual DJ PRO once i have plugeed the speakers in or naa?

cheers lads

I'll give you the red hot tip! that $140 sys is exactly what i own, 2 x JBL 615s + 1 x JBL 618xlf sub and trust me when i say this they are loud! so unless you having a huge house party i would even scale it back to the $80 system. Trust me there is still plently of bass!

In regards to speaker connections, they balanced xlrs oooor 6.5mm cables which look like this

mc9115.2.jpg

Xlr on the left and phono on the right

So from what i understand from your last post does you mixer have phono outputs or just rca?

Also nice work, i'm sure you'll have fun dj'in... just remember to chill out and enjoy the moment when you're doing it.

Slightly offtopic

thats the size of the sub & 2 speakers while i was moving shit at my dads warehouse

575127_10151788792556521_1176203206_n.jpg

yeh im starting to feel the whole get what you pay forr thing...im only 17 so im getting a job...hopefully ill keep doing this hire thing till i get around 800 ass you say and get some decent speakeers and shiz...thanks lads ill ring up dj warehouse tommorow and ask what cables come with the speakers...massive help as always thanks

I really can't justify the outlay of speakers and lighting, i have been doing it for 4+ years and still dont feel the investment is worth it.

I do get looked after very well and dj warehouse because i know all the boys but still, it's top of the line gear, well looked after and cleaned etc, plus if i break a light or blow a speaker they usually say dont worry, but occasionally lose my 100 bond.

I really can't justify the outlay of speakers and lighting, i have been doing it for 4+ years and still dont feel the investment is worth it.

I do get looked after very well and dj warehouse because i know all the boys but still, it's top of the line gear, well looked after and cleaned etc, plus if i break a light or blow a speaker they usually say dont worry, but occasionally lose my 100 bond.

do you still hire every timee you play?

do you still hire every timee you play?

Yeah man, think about the speakers you hire the JBL prx systems are worth what, $2000 then stands, cables and lights on top of that.

I don't play a great deal of house parties any more though they give me the shits, but a cheeky way to cover your hire costs is to quote what you feel reasonable per hour and then tell them you add whatever gear they would like.

Dj warehouse usually do 2 speakers, 2 lights, 4 stands and all cabling for 100ish.

Plus there is the fact that if you break a light or blow a speaker you have to cover repair costs and potentially risk not having any gear at short notice.

yeh same about a bus ride from the cbd

another question ahha

mate is going to army so he wont be using his car and inside he has a 1800 wat amp and a 1000 wat sub whoofer

the concept we gathered was amp needs power, on the back of the little amp is 2 slots of 2x rca so 2 white and 2 red

the power from amp goes onto the battery... any way i can get a converter to a simple plug or do i have to buy a car battery ahhah

then as it only has two rca slots one will be used by my mixtrack going straight into the amp and then i onlyhave one more set...which will only be enough for one rca to xlr conversion for speakers...so it seems i can only have one speaker attached which seems uselss..

noting: the sub goes of these weird little wire things conneccted to back of amp i have no idea but it doesnt need rca imputs at all and no power

1. can i get a converter or do i need a car battery

2. i only have one rca slot left so can buy a adapter that gives me more..kinda like a usb thing that gives u more usb slots.

3. because i havve an amp and sub whoofer do i need active or passive speakers

4. is all this too much for the mixtrack pro on serato dj intro or vrtual dj pro

s

dont do it lol, Mitch or someone else will be able to give you some more solid advice but generally car equipment and especially subs will run at a lower ohm, therefore potential to blow it.

Are you considering just using this and some other speakers, or what is your plan?

Highly recommend just hiring two 12 or 15 inch JBL's from Dj Warehouse or similar, you wont need the sub dude.

These speakers will be powered so you wont even need the amp, all hired speakers are already power by internal amps generally.

yeh fuark , ill wait till i get money and i was thinking anyway...im gonna have to buy 2 speakers anway so may aswell get active ones or decent ones....garlos pies here i come

cheers lads..there will come a time when im out of this annoying asking questions phase ahahah