Introduction to Production

conCuss

^ I definitely felt like that as well gremm1s with FL studio, for me it was part frustration of not knowing how to use it and part frustration feeling like it wasnt very user friendly/intuitive.

As gremm1s also mentioned the popular ones will have a boat load of youtube tutorials by users and the product manufacturers

conCuss

check out our sticky thread here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8132

also check out my thread with a 5 part intro to FL studio while you wait to get home and try it, to get a feel for FL studio to see if its your thing

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8098

best of luck, when you first start out you will feel like for every step forward you will take 10 steps back, the key is not to get overwhelmed/frustrated and just take it one step at a time, ive been taking production seriously for about 6 months now and i still have difficulties sometimes trying to achieve what i want

the most important thing is using a DAW you personally are most comfortable with

I suggest using reaper, you can download a full working copy for free and registering it only costs $60. I have found it very user friendly. Looks a lot like logic in the gui

I use Reaper! here is the link

http://www.reaper.fm/

great to try for free and see if you like it!

I have never even herd of reaper lol

check it out man, I've been told it was designed by a former Logic designer. Fully functioning daw for $60, suits me just fine!