Want to start producing asap!

discodance

I'm just wondering if anyone experience with producing music could teach and coach me.

I've got a massive urge and drive to climb past the learning stages so I can dive into making some music and hopefully make a career out of it which is my end goal. I know most of the basic features of fl studio 11 and have massive and a LOT of the vengeance packs. I've also decided I want to begin playing the piano as producing electronic music and piano goes hand in hand. So if you guys or anyone are willing to direct me in the right direction I would be grateful. For your interest I'm current a fan of the "Melbourne sound" which is what I'd like to focus on producing, however I do enjoy songs from various genres.

Cheers guys

Yep git up all those youtube clips.

Start with learning your software first imo, then move onto to actual production stuff like all your eqing and keys etc.

Get the basics down, then you can move into making and tweaking your own sounds, writing your own cords etc.

... hopefully make a career out of it which is my end goal.

also if a career is what your after, music theory is really important.

Music theory is the universal language of musicians.

The basics may seem tedious and irrelevant, but they are not. They are essentials.

You can write a few hits at home, but once you get into a professional studio with other professionals, you are going to need to express your ideas professionally.

This guy is good if your not going to school or need to refresh what you may have learned back at school.

• 2 weeks later...