digital setup

GuptRX

hey there guys, newbie here :D

just wanted to know id this setup would work, and if anyone would recommend it for a newbie bedroom djazzle...*ahem* sorry

Behringer BDC3000 (or the 2000 coz i cant figure out what the difference is..?)

Virtual DJ or traktor (99% of my music is on my computer)

Mbox Mini

sennheiser hd 202 cans

then just played out thru my hifi in my room.

that sound reasonable to anyone?

cheers

GuptRX

the bcd's are a pretty good way to start out for not much money. they should come with traktor LE i think, and the are both the midi controller as well as the soundcard.

even upgrading to traktor pro doesn't cost that much, but the scratch version would cost a fair bit more.

if you can stretch it, the vci100 is a bit better built but doesn't have the soundcard built in

cbg: how so? i plan on getting a better setup in the future, when funds and experience allow.

tubby: what does the scratch version offer that pro doesnt?

buck: i hope it isnt only a 30 min trial, that would be pretty stodgy imo seeing as it comes with the hardware.

hey GuptRX. irrashaimase (welcome in japanese or when you head into any sushi train)

im but a padawan in the field but here are some general comments

i believe traktor scratch allows you to use time control vinyl or cds on traktor pro, while traktor pro runs internal decks which you can use controllers to control the mixer. if th device comes with traktor lite you may not need virtual dj, and like tubby said im pretty sure the upgrade from traktor le to pro shouldn't b too much (but obviously too little or too much is all relative to credit card limits)