[DUBSTEP] Spitfire - Dub Steppah Mix

LabRat

thought id throw up one of my mixes. have a few but i'll just take it slowely and chuck up this one for now.

its my first dubstep mix. i only got into this slowely after getting into tear out breaks so i dont have a lot but threw together a mix anyways.

all feedback welcome and again, im open minded so be honest... that way i can learn 8)

EDIT: now uploaded to soundcloud. its taken a real long time to create the waveform so i really hope this works.

Spitfire - Dub Steppah mix by Spitfire

TRACK LIST

01. WTF (Crissy Chiss Remix) - Tittsworth feat. Kid Sister & Pase Rock

02. Riverside (Breakage Remix) - Sidney Samson

03. Streets Of Rage (Flux Pavilion Remix) - Picto

04. Unknown - Hoodratz

05. Air Raid - Flux Pavilion feat. Doctor P

06. Hooliganz (Wire Remix) - Don Diablo feat. Example

ps: can you host mixes on Soundcloud too?

cheers

hey man. i didnt think the genre was really my style (im kinda shyte when it comes to defining genres though) but i do like the occassional dubstep track and i really enjoyed the mixxx. maybe its time to start scoping batport for dubstep he he.

i liked the second half best, and the mixing throughout seemed seemless. you do this with all vinyl and cd's huh?

ive got about three wtf mixes, never heard it used that way, and must admit i prefer some of the other mixes.

yeh that mix was just vinyl mate. i do use CD's aswell but try not to where i can. i guess it's because im not a huge fan of the digital dj world.

im glad you enjoyed the mix :)

i think on the flip of WTF is a Deekline remix. its electro / break beat style. i want to mix a breaks set soon so if you havnt heard it ill add it in there

carne man, nothing wrong w/ digital djs. if you can party rock who cares what devices you use. i mean i remember in the early 90's when all the cdj's were coming, we use to say the same thing. look at them with their cues and sync buttons. but now i see some of the people in the game doing some mad shyte with midi controllers, keyboards, vocoders whatever they can find.

i mean that dj rafik clip with two turntables and a kontrol rocks. also if you think about it, dj's use to produce sampling a track, cuttin it up, running thru effects, and then sequencing to make a whole new house track. people can now do that live!

have you ssen kid kenobi on those stanton tron looking things, kills it.

truh is a good dj is a good dj, a shit one is shit.

personnaly i use traktor in absolute mode, which is basically like two turntables. i am trying to introduce a midi for loops and samples.

in regards to wtf, i have the eli escobar mix, the nadastrom mix, and the dub, but never heard the deekline. i may have to cop that somewhere! i bought the deekline & wizard backup, coming throuh compilation a while back which rocked.

yeh fair point about a good dj is a good dj and a shit one is a shit one. but what i dont see as djing is where guys hook up there ipod and use a mixing app to mix a set. im not joking about this either. vid vv

that WTF remix i was talking about is Deekline & Tim Healey VIP House Remix

ha ha cd's killed wax a generation ago, just as digital will kill the cd.

what difference does it make if you use serato, traktor, mix vibes, spin or whatever other dvs systems that are out there.

its more convenient, its cheaper, definitely opens up tunes to anybody. meaning it boils down to the skills in terms of making it sound good.

if i could get the mixes you find on 12" for hip hop i would not buy vinyl again. because truth is all the vinyl i had (and will buy) i will likely digitise so i can carry in my digital "crate" with my other 5000 odd songs.

ha ha cd's killed wax a generation ago, just as digital will kill the cd.

what difference does it make if you use serato, traktor, mix vibes, spin or whatever other dvs systems that are out there.

its more convenient, its cheaper, definitely opens up tunes to anybody. meaning it boils down to the skills in terms of making it sound good.

Exactly, its cheaper, which means less money going into the market, and it becomes easier to play out stuff that you haven't even bought. The amount of 320s you can find on the internet for free is stupid, eventually no one will buy music and therefore the career as a producer is impossible, sure people will make stuff, but it will be bad quality and rarely available, this is the future, accept it we are FUCKED :) I would prefer to spend 20 bucks for 3 tracks on vinyl than dl off beatport and shit just because I like the physical appeal of vinyl, and everyone knows that wax sounds better :D

End rant. Thread successfully hijacked :pirat:

• 4 years later...
hey man. i didnt think the genre was really my style (im kinda shyte when it comes to defining genres though) but i do like the occassional dubstep track and i really enjoyed the mixxx. maybe its time to start scoping batport for dubstep he he.

i liked the second half best, and the mixing throughout seemed seemless. you do this with all vinyl and cd's huh?

supporter of spitfires mixes four years strong :luff:

:teef: