Approaching a new track

Boss101

Everyone approaches a new song differently. Hell, those people approach each of the song they want to make differently. Like Spit said, there's no actual rules to follow.

Personally, I'd write a particular melody with a synth I designed. It's not a drop or a verse or anything, just something I'd make real quick. Then I'd think long and hard about a good intro, an extended "DJ" intro that is, which personally I think is the most important part of the track. After that I just write the other sections of the track one by one. I don't go past that until I'm absolutely happy with the section of the track I'm working on.

Some people can go all over the place and write the verse first, then the outro, then the chorus, etc. I envy those people :(

Most dnb artists will write the main body of the track 1st, then build everything else around that like what's already been mentioned, 1 thing ill do is listen to mixes of the genre I'm looking to produce for inspiration and find parts that I like and try recreate something similar, not exact but something along the same lines