neo oyaide cables - hype or real?

shamrock

hey,

just wanted to know if anyone had these? hype real or not? i've done a bit of reading on the subject and the USB cables are well built, but probably not worth it. how about the RCA cables? again, they look good, but any point if you have technics and say, a rane 62? RCAs are attached to the technics, they go straight into the mixer, and mixer only has a USB to the laptop, right?

thanks

sk

When buying cables i ask to demo each cable going up in price, when i stop hearing a difference i stop demo'ing and buy. Also stay away from rca's with metal ends, i have found they can rip the sockets out of your eqipment. Tara labs are the best rca's ive found, but they are expensive

tara labs is definitely very hifi - and yes, very expensive. can anyone shed light on this however, the technics come with hardwired RCA cables, so what's the point in marketing RCA cables for DJs? unless you use it between mixer etc? reason i'm asking, is because i ended up gettging the stanton 150 (yes, i know, blasphemy) which actually has removable RCAs... so it could be used with these TTs...

tara labs is definitely very hifi - and yes, very expensive. can anyone shed light on this however, the technics come with hardwired RCA cables, so what's the point in marketing RCA cables for DJs? unless you use it between mixer etc? reason i'm asking, is because i ended up gettging the stanton 150 (yes, i know, blasphemy) which actually has removable RCAs... so it could be used with these TTs...

Shamrock, there is nothing wrong with the stantons, they are superior to techs in most aspects, i started out with vestax decks, which had rca sockets on them, and i am prob gonna mod my techs to have the same, after time the orig cables do suffer from fatigue. I wouldnt pay much attn to " made for dj's" labels as your rca lead has no idea what signal is passing thru it.

It would make perfect sense that you want the best signal carried across any cable. This would be especially true when it comes to DJ'ing and playing out in front of a crowd.

I believe personally most of it is a wank in terms of Digital to Analogue (RCA). Reading up on a lot of cables for my own HiFi setup, guage was an important factor - but only in certain distances, IIRC.