Shopping for a specific stylus or should i just buy m447?

BitMaestro

The back story:

Well, I finally got my 2nd TT, although not a matching pair, but I can't complain with a blue PDX2000 for $220. (excuse the bad photo)

d936a569-b618-4f21-80ad-5e1dd33f2802_zpse37c46dd.jpg

The seller said that the needle was no good and showed me the damage, but he gave me an example with another needle of his and the cartridge is fine.

The point of the thread:

The needle, VR 5EE, is $30 on USA sites. But my search for australian sellers come up empty.

If I can hold off spending $100 for a cart & needle i will, but M447 is everywhere and i can pick it up from local dj stores easy.

Do people buy overseas for needles here? or does anyone know any stores to try for needles or am I to unwillingly fork out $100 for a new cart/needle?

Also, I'm thinking i might make a Stylus case for (hopefully) under $15 and pop it in the DIY thread (instead buying soft cases for the TTs when not in use) ;)

is that a metronome?

Ha! Yes, yes it is. It sits nicely at the back there while i practice guitar.

I guess i never thought about second hand cart/stylus, i'd assume it's a consumable item like tyres on a car, something you wouldn't want to risk. But I'll look around for used and not abused..

go for the m44-7 - tried and tested. readily available. won't don't you get a second hand cart/styli? may be able to save a bit.

been using m447's since about 2006! they are the best inho.

if you buy m477's they achally come with a sytlus case

as you can see in this pic, 2 fully loaded carts will fit in this plastic tube, one in each end. Thats how i transport mine.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDv8oT2s0MkNvwty8PIj1_GMWp-U72dR_EkZVS5X9eSKEhRRLuJQ

No luck finding second hand.

I'm gonna head down to DJ city and pick up m447 or m44g. Done some research, apart from maybe more adjustment to setup the 'G, it'll be an all rounder for learning scratching and mixing. The styli are interchangeable with the cart so maybe when I go further i'll have both down the track.

I've seen the plastic cases that come with, which are good and seeing as it's only for my bedroom, there's no reason why it would break.

Also, I might get my Dad to print this with his 3D printer and check it fits my headshells.

DSC_5428_preview_featured.jpg

• 2 months later...
$220 for that blue pdx 2000 mk1 …what a SCORE…. because vestax only made like 150 off them

you need to do a rubber band and match stick mod…then you will not be able to skip it

*Video*

Yeah I thought the blue was uncommon but not rare!

What is this wizardry with match sticks?!

Is this is a tried and tested mod or R U 'avin a giggle m8?