Managed to retrieve a bunch of my OLD songs! Oh my god, they're awful

Narukami

I keep two of my old iPods and stuff with me because I'm a hoarder. I never touched them because I couldn't access them, they have passcodes and I forgot what they were. 

Today, I was listening to some music I used to listen to back in the day and was thinking about my progression as a musician over the years. I got curious and wanted to listen to my old tracks that I made when I first started getting into making music (back in 2011). I thought they were in one of my old iPods but I couldn't access it to check. Then I remembered I had software that could bypass the lock code and access the files inside.

Lo and behold, there they were; my old tracks! I just ripped them from the iPod and holy crap... they're terrible! Like, cringe-inducingly bad. I can't help but laugh and cry at the same when I listen to these tracks! Though, it really made me appreciate the time and effort I put into music over the past 5 years.

Maybe if anyone's interested, I could post them here and we can have a laugh at 15-year old me's attempt at making music hahah!

lol I love this. I heard my old tunes a while ago and holy Jessie they suck. I remember putting up a post on facey one day before a gig saying my remix of like a g6 was ready to go for that night. I never played it. I listened to it a while ago and thank god I never played it haha

Oh god, I actually did play a remix I made at a gig once. It was a remix of "I Gotta Feeling" by the Black Eyes Peas. Didn't even make it past the intro and I knew it was a bad idea, so I quickly changed to a track that's actually GOOD, haha. It was so embarrassing, I vowed never to play my song at a gig ever again bahaha.

I think anything before 2015, even 2014, is my limit. Most of my stuff before that was pretty bad.

Dang, can't wait to check it, Cupe. Here's literally the first song I made. It was Daft Punk that inspired me to get into this music stuff. Which is why it's called "Classic House", lmao. Hope you guys also like the SICK artwork that came with it!

http://tempsend.com/503BE363EA

Temporary link, will die in about a month. Don't want this spreading around :P

• 4 weeks later...

I don't really "hate" or feel that self-conscious my old music. In fact, I'm quite content with sharing it around, at least within closed quarters (with friends or on a message board). I'm more critical of my current work haha. Probably because I know my old work sucks and nothing will come out of it

• 7 months later...