mixing vinyl tunes with digital tunes.

Sevrin

I've always been a vinyl purest, but occasionally I come across killer tracks that are only available in digital format. Is it naf mixing digital tunes with vinyl tunes? The sound character would be different, but does it matter? Are there techniques in transitioning from vinyl to cd or mp3?

8 hours ago, LabRat said:

It's identical mate. The only difference is you have a computer with all your tunes rather than a record box with 30kgs of records in it. The songs are exactly the same just on different media so transitions are the same

I know it technically can be done. Just switch from phono to line and back on the ole dj mixer. I guess what I'm asking is, is there a culture with lets say vinyl dj's playing old skool funk or hip hop, to only use vinyl and not transition to digital  and back again, perhaps to keep a pure analog sound or something

46 minutes ago, Sevrin said:

I know it technically can be done. Just switch from phono to line and back on the ole dj mixer. I guess what I'm asking is, is there a culture with lets say vinyl dj's playing old skool funk or hip hop, to only use vinyl and not transition to digital  and back again, perhaps to keep a pure analog sound or something

Not really. Depends where you go and who's in charge really. Otherwise vinyl is pretty much dead in venues

1 hour ago, Sevrin said:

I play both in sets. Vinyl culture is still alive, but nobody is going to judge you based on whether you play a partial or all-vinyl set. Besides, who cares what anyone things? If it sounds good, it is good.

46 minutes ago, LabRat said:

Not really. Depends where you go and who's in charge really. Otherwise vinyl is pretty much dead in venues

Depends where you go :)