Splice/Serum

Bristles

Hey,

Have you guys been on/signed up for splice.com? It's a monthly charge of about $8.99US a month and with that you can get download individual samples from what looks to be a pretty massive library.. Plus collab and back up projects through their sharing platform.

They also have a plugins sections where you can rent to own Xfer Serum for $10US a month! Anyone signed up for either?

2 hours ago, AlexJ said:

the rent to own serum thing is a pretty decent deal imo. as for splice in general i feel the rest of the features are either too pricey or not applicable unless your have a few collaborators who also use all the same stuff as you

I'm going to try it for a month to see how many samples I would I actually use.. Always looking for vocals etc. I bought a NY rap pack and it's all shit.. I'm not too big on profanity for no reason and booty shaking chants so it was a waste of money. Hopefully be able to select a few handpicked gold samples but I'll let yous know.. But I'll be giving Serum a go for sure!

I'm on splice but I don't get samples or plugins from there. I got it to collaborate with mates and other dudes from all over the place. IMO if you regularly collaborate with guys that aren't close by then it's pretty decent but I've never really used it so for me it's pretty redundant. They have some good artist / splice branded sample packs but that's about it

I started a 100 point download month yesterday.. I used about 20 (1 download each).. It's good if you're looking for some new drum one shots and a few cool vocal bits but nothing too substantial especially vocally.. I love grabbing random sounds and putting them through sampler or drum rack so it's been suiting me so far. Did get most of a song down yesterday and got a little vocal flavour for something else I've been working on.. So far so good but I don't think it will be worth paying every month