A & R Dept

Bristles

Hoi,

so after I popped a couple of my tracks on triplej unearthed I got an email from a bloke from the A&R department in Sydney saying he wanted to chat. I have emailed back and forth a bit and he's given me his no. etc. It all checks out as being legit but has anyone worked with them or know anything about them?

They are basically saying for a rather high price they will help release my music independently.. With help accessing radio, marketing and distribution, studio access etc etc.

anybody got thoughts on it?

12 hours ago, eggssell said:

a & r from unearthed?

and they asking you for dough?

check out agreements and shiz. but yeh thats a bit wierd given they are government funded and meant to be helping artists.

Na sorry it's a separate company called The A & R Department. They say they have worked with Safia, Hearts, Meg Mac and bunch of other artists..

i find it a bit odd they're handing you over to what's basically a publisher to promote your music within unearthed.

like eggs said, just check out the agreement but maybe contact triple j and tell them what happened and see if they can tell you whether yay or nay.