PC 3.5"out to 2 standard jacks on KRK 5's solution pls

Cupe

So need to run audio from PC which just has a 3.5"audio out to the 2 monitors with the large standard plugs.

I basically need a converter kind of thing without a huge amount of fuck around.

Any ideas what small, cheap units do this so I don't have to use a full mixer?

You have a few options but the image below demonstrates 2 which will be useful to you. 

Um2MuA2.png

The top half of the image shows the PC with a sound card and 2 speakers. The sound card will act as your output source for audio (and input but lets just focus on the output). The sound card is connected via USB illustrated by the RED line. The speakers will connect to the back of the sound card in the outputs provided, illustrated by the BLUE lines.

The connections on the back will usually show this;
Mxlgu0R.png

You have RCA outputs and 6mm Jack outputs. Either one will be fine. 

You may also see a fitting like this;
1W30tTb.png

I don't know the technical term but this is used with XLR and 6mm connectors. Either of these connections are also fine, however if given the option, opt for XLR.  

Refer back to the first image. 

The second half of the image shows a simple cable - single 3.5mm to twin 6mm jacks. I believe this may be the option you wish to go for, however, I know these cables exist but I don't know how long you can get them. They're not the best but you will achieve what you want, essentially using your PC as an iPod in that sense. Connection is simple - 3.5mm to your audio output on your PC and the 6mm to the input of your speakers. 

I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 and would definitely recommend. I think there's a 2i2 if you don't require the extra outputs. Other than that, it's personal preference to what you find when you're researching different products. The Focusrite comes and a large recommendation from me

30 minutes ago, Cupe said:

but which

19 hours ago, LabRat said:

I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 and would definitely recommend. I think there's a 2i2 if you don't require the extra outputs. Other than that, it's personal preference to what you find when you're researching different products. The Focusrite comes and a large recommendation from me

19 hours ago, Mitch said:

I have a focusrite 6i6 and it's pretty good. The 2i2 or 2i4 would be fine for you

cant-you-read-nvdq6l.jpg

Anywaysss.... We're really not.I don't know every interface out there so you just gotta investigate and see what's gonna be good for you. The Scarlett's work good for us which is why we recommended them. You have a good base point on where to start

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 3:29 PM, Cupe said:

yeah can't wait for this weekend. will finally have all the shit I've been gathering

nek minit goes deaf

noooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ha this is an issue I seem to be facing lately. Apparently I watch tv too loud and have to have people repeat things before I hear them.

I blame standing too close to speakers and being 'too cool' when I was younger! Dammit younger me! Why did you have to think you were so cool when you really were not!

Or the fact I tune out the missus nagging.....:scratch: