The 4 or 8 bar curse

GeNeric R3alm

10 hours ago, yizzle said:

do you mean 4 beats to a bar? as in, are you trying to get out of a time signature that goes  1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4

or do you want to slice your  samples that are 4 bars long?

I think he means he keeps writing loops that are 4 or 8 bars long, and is having trouble going from that to an arranged track with some variation in it.

I tend to start with a loop. Once I think it sounds cool I'll copy it and then add/remove elements out of it, and tweak parameters on the existing elements. If you listen to most dance tracks, they follow a similar pattern. As practice, try load a track you like into a channel in your DAW, and follow a similar arrangement to the track. To transition between loops, you'll probably want some one-hits and fx

On 02/06/2017 at 7:33 PM, NitroMonkey said:

Hi generic, let me respond generically. Google it?

Also, probably best to introduce yourself in the Introduction section of the forums before asking for advice on your first post?

feisty!

On 07/06/2017 at 4:42 PM, Mitch said:

I think he means he keeps writing loops that are 4 or 8 bars long, and is having trouble going from that to an arranged track with some variation in it.

I tend to start with a loop. Once I think it sounds cool I'll copy it and then add/remove elements out of it, and tweak parameters on the existing elements. If you listen to most dance tracks, they follow a similar pattern. As practice, try load a track you like into a channel in your DAW, and follow a similar arrangement to the track. To transition between loops, you'll probably want some one-hits and fx

This ^

I've found lately by changing things on the 3rd bar then the 8th or something like that will help it sound less repetitive. Rather than adding or taking something always 4 or 8 bars apart. 

20 hours ago, Bristles said:

feisty!

This ^

I've found lately by changing things on the 3rd bar then the 8th or something like that will help it sound less repetitive. Rather than adding or taking something always 4 or 8 bars apart. 

This happens all to often mate.

There needs to be balance, gotta give to take.

23 hours ago, NitroMonkey said:

This happens all to often mate.

There needs to be balance, gotta give to take.

Yeah I hear ya.. I'm surprised how many people ask for feedback or ask a question and then just ghost. No thanks or replies.. strange etiquette

3 hours ago, yizzle said:

or maybe your 'witty' reply  made them decide to go somewhere else.

Derailed. Keep on Topic please.

+1. Everyone gets a chance around here to learn how this place works. We're inclusive, not exclusive