JonnyB

Pros:

-Like the skank at the start

-Sub bass wobbles = good

-Bassline is good, got the og jonnyb growls in it

-like the little switch in the break

Cons:

-You and me definately have very different interpretations of chill haha

-Not to into the progression, maybe go down in stead of up?

-The beat straight up sucks, sorry, but I hate a boring drum track. Big tip No.1 Get out of the "every snare has to be on 3 or its not dubstep" mentality, try going sanre on 4 then snare on three, give the beat some swagger, more than one snare per bar, use two different samples for the best outcome. I recomend you take a leaf out of goth trads book of drum programming, trust me its good shit.

-The break and the second drop become pretty monotonous, not like a chilled out zone out kind of thing, more like a I really wanna close this window kind of thing.

Sorry for being a bit brutal, but thats feedback right there, I wish people would say my stuff was crap :( oh well, still a decent track on the first drop though, just needs variation.

Pros:

-Like the skank at the start

-Sub bass wobbles = good

-Bassline is good, got the og jonnyb growls in it

-like the little switch in the break

Cons:

-You and me definately have very different interpretations of chill haha

-Not to into the progression, maybe go down in stead of up?

-The beat straight up sucks, sorry, but I hate a boring drum track. Big tip No.1 Get out of the "every snare has to be on 3 or its not dubstep" mentality, try going sanre on 4 then snare on three, give the beat some swagger, more than one snare per bar, use two different samples for the best outcome. I recomend you take a leaf out of goth trads book of drum programming, trust me its good sugar.

-The break and the second drop become pretty monotonous, not like a chilled out zone out kind of thing, more like a I really wanna close this window kind of thing.

Sorry for being a bit brutal, but thats feedback right there, I wish people would say my stuff was crap :( oh well, still a decent track on the first drop though, just needs variation.

all sweet dude, this is the feedback i look for.

like people saying 'yeah cool track i dig it' all nice, but it dosent help me.

im working on it some more now.

+ rep mayne

btw they arnt sub bass wobble.

its 3 sine waves, 1 set at -30 detuned and one at +30 so it creates this phasing sound, the 2 detuned ones sent to a low pass filter, then the 3rd one which is mixed with a bit of triangle wave is sent to a highpass so its not to muddy or something.

cant remember exactly what i did.

anyway cheers for the feedback

ok ok so first listen through:

- loving the consistent running bassline and that electronic almost ironman type sound lol though it could maybe change some on the second drop?

- as with before maybe you could change the beat up a bit on ur second drop?

- Needs more build up if you wanna build it just doesn't quite do enough i guess.

btw they arnt sub bass wobble.

its 3 sine waves, 1 set at -30 detuned and one at +30 so it creates this phasing sound, the 2 detuned ones sent to a low pass filter, then the 3rd one which is mixed with a bit of triangle wave is sent to a highpass so its not to muddy or something.

cant remember exactly what i did.

anyway cheers for the feedback

ahh the old reese bass, do that with some saws and low pass, sounds gooood

yeah cool track i dig it.

:lol:

otay i dont listen to much dubstep, this was alright, i liked the ska guitar sounds (i can see the bad boys reference frm above). the first part of the song till the geetars kick at 2.20 didnt really do much for me, but from then on i liked.

the bassy sound at 2.50 and the reverby crashes,to when the tune kicks in at 3.40. id easily play from 2.20 to end, not really my sound to do the whole thang.

otherwise production all good.