mixing music

hay guys sorry to post twise in 1 day but there is something else i need to no. ive been dj'ing for around 10 months but only at parties and weddings and recantly ive started trying to mix with some new gear i have. but its got me wondaring where i can get the music to mix the songs with. i have countles songs so thats not a problem but i need some music i can practise mixing with im focosing on club and disco remixes. (and remember im only strating out in the remixing department so please go easy haha)

ok not to sure what your trying to say, but i can get 3 things out of this.

1st. your looking for some club like tracks that are easy to learn how to mix? good tracks to learn how to mix are ones with a very prominent kick, and not much mid ranger going on the track, a prime example is satisfaction by benny benassi. has a thumping kick and a bassline so its easy to hear the kicks when beat matching.

2nd. your looking to find some places to find good club music? if this is the case Music blogs are a great source, heard to www.hypem.com which is a search engine that searches blogs for music.

or you can use digital record stores like beatport. there is plenty of them

the 3rd one i got is you want to start producing(or just remixing in your case).

To do a remix, your going to have to learn how to produce, which isnt a quick or easy thing to do.

your firststep is finding yourself a DAW (the software which you you use to produce. examples are FL studio, Ableton, Logic, Reason.)

once you have your software you need to learn how to use it. its a long process but worth it in the end, producing takes time to learn.

down the track when you have producing down. to do a remix there is 2 options. 1st is to find a remix pack of the track, sometimes the record label which has signed the track will put out a remix comp, where people can download all the parts to the original and chop it up and make their remix(this way is ideal but a track rarely has a public remix pack)/

the other is to find the track you want to remix and sample straight out of the orignial (this is alot harder because say if you want the melody, but you have drums hitting behind the melody its hard to get just the melody sound with out the drums.(which is why the remix packs are extremely usefull) it can be done though.

hope i answered your question. if not ive no idea what you were talkin about haha

Are you talking about extended tracks that give you more time to mix in and out of the song?

In that case go to Beatport.com and you can find thousands. It has a huge selection of remixed chart or club music to choose from. Also select a few different genres and have a listen. It will help narrow down what sort of music your after.

• 1 month later...
ok not to sure what your trying to say, but i can get 3 things out of this.

1st. your looking for some club like tracks that are easy to learn how to mix? good tracks to learn how to mix are ones with a very prominent kick, and not much mid ranger going on the track, a prime example is satisfaction by benny benassi. has a thumping kick and a bassline so its easy to hear the kicks when beat matching.

2nd. your looking to find some places to find good club music? if this is the case Music blogs are a great source, heard to www.hypem.com which is a search engine that searches blogs for music.

or you can use digital record stores like beatport. there is plenty of them

the 3rd one i got is you want to start producing(or just remixing in your case).

To do a remix, your going to have to learn how to produce, which isnt a quick or easy thing to do.

your firststep is finding yourself a DAW (the software which you you use to produce. examples are FL studio, Ableton, Logic, Reason.)

once you have your software you need to learn how to use it. its a long process but worth it in the end, producing takes time to learn.

down the track when you have producing down. to do a remix there is 2 options. 1st is to find a remix pack of the track, sometimes the record label which has signed the track will put out a remix comp, where people can download all the parts to the original and chop it up and make their remix(this way is ideal but a track rarely has a public remix pack)/

the other is to find the track you want to remix and sample straight out of the orignial (this is alot harder because say if you want the melody, but you have drums hitting behind the melody its hard to get just the melody sound with out the drums.(which is why the remix packs are extremely usefull) it can be done though.

hope i answered your question. if not ive no idea what you were talkin about haha

Great overview. I also suffers from this problem. But I think what about these tips, is actually pretty famous for its musiccreation and mixing qualities. As far as I know. and also this post might convince me to give it another try.