Another Month Another Mix

ruggs

hey man gave it a whirl. cant say that all the sounds were my liking, got a bit mashupy at some times and being a jc fan i cringed thru jack & diane (ha ha) but you won me straight back with bbd!!! lot of classics for someone your age, good showing of music knowedge man.

anywho i thought all the mixing was good, tight and seamless except from track 10 to 11 seemed off. maybe not beats but it didnt sound all that good.

also track 9 seems out of place at that point in the mix (track 9 & 10 just didnt do it for me).

other specifics, is that you bringing in deekline & wizard (or was it napt or beat assassins) during jack & diane, you know the hands up bit. worked right the first time but second one seemed off.

temper trap comes in perfectly (i.e transition sounded good, felt right in the mix, and choice song) but i didnt like the ending. the cut before the next track is too massive. maybe shoulda low pass filter it and run dmc chatter over the top (not that i couldve done it but it needed something to make the two come together more).

but yeah overall while i had it playing other then the tracks i didnt personally like it sounded really good.

(i thought i could listen to mixes while reviewing 130 resumes, but kept looking back to see the waveform, time in song and tracklist. ha ha. okay gotta make this my last review of the day)

Wow thanks for the review and i really mean that :) um i didn't add anything to that jack and diane song.i mixed it using cdj1000s and djm800.just played around with a few songs i had.i did a few little loops but nothing real big or special.i love how that temper trap song mixed and i no what you mean bout the ending.thanks heaps for checking it out :)