Question.

Hey ladys and gents. I've been practising my beat matching flat out. But I was just wondering how do you bring another song in if it doesn't have a real bass hit till alot later in the song and you want to bring it in before then? Hope I make sense.

i think he's saying h wants to drop it during the part with no kick. i.e. a melody only intro.

i think as long as youve beatmatched it, the start of the melody should still be the start of the count. you're obviously just driving blind till any percussion kicks in.

When cuing the track, move it forward to the first distinct beat and beatmatch it from there. When you go to drop the track, wind it back to the very start of the track and listen carefully to the music. With a bit of experience you'll start to hear 'markers' in the track that sometimes give you a good idea as to when the first beat will eventually hit. After a lot of practice you'll find yourself beat matching tracks even when the live track doesnt have a beat (ie during the break).

Have fun!

Thanks sourceraver I'll give it a shot as soon as I get home from work. Only 5 more hours to go. I was trying to listen out for how the dj was doing it when I went out the other night. But it sounded like he was having as much luck with it as I've been having

if you wanna bring in a track that doesnt have a beat till later on, usually theres a few hats or claps you can hear to match the beat. always good to hear out for hats.

if theres no beat or hats and just a few ambient noises, they'd usually have a sequence so hear out for the change and try match that. otherwise, like the others said, start from when the beat kicks in