New track preview - need feedback

JonnyB

hey guys, this is a quick idea i threw together this morning when i woke up (about 25min ago haha)

looking for feedback, at the start i hated it, now i like it, now im unsure of it and dont know wheather to keep going with it, so im looking from feedback from you guys cause its alot harder to tell with your own track.

http://soundcloud.com/jonny-b-music/new ... ll-preview

NOTE: i havnt added a sub bass yet, its only a breif outline of the first drop

when this place is pumping with hundreds of new posts a day (and it WILL get to that point) feedback you get will be plenty and really useful.
haha i know, i was just looking for the select few, espec chev, honest and give good constuctive critisism

when this place is pumping with hundreds of new posts a day (and it WILL get to that point) feedback you get will be plenty and really useful.
haha i know, i was just looking for the select few, espec chev, honest and give good constuctive critisism

naww, thanks buddy, your makin me blush :teef: Lead by example, new kids that wanna become regulars will see lots of good feedback and be like oh, so thats how you do it, monkey see monkey do. Hopefully one day we'll have one paragraph reviews from everyone, you can only hope.

yeah your post was slightly confusing :lol:

Pros:

-Beats pretty cool, a bit electro-y

-Likin the 8 bit sounds

-Bassline is cool, nice variations and that

Cons:

-Doesn't sound all that "dubstep", almost electro like I said, you could prrobably pawn this of to electro kids too haha

-that syncopated 16th note hat goin on, just get rid of it, its surposed to be a dubstep tune, get creative with your beats ma

-That bit crushed/downsampled bass patch, probably best to change it up a bit, not that its bad, Im sure a lot of people like it (borgore, funtcase crew), but it has been so unbeleivable rinsed, Im sure you could work it with different bass patches, like three different ones, every couple of bars chuch the midi clip into another track, switch it up.

Overall, really like the 8 bit melody kind of thing (the thing that isnt the bassline :?), but seriously, I think you've been makin to much electro/dutch house bollocks :lol: its starting to mash together. keep workin on it, it has potential to be pretty decent.

yeah your post was slightly confusing :lol:

Pros:

-Beats pretty cool, a bit electro-y

-Likin the 8 bit sounds

-Bassline is cool, nice variations and that

Cons:

-Doesn't sound all that "dubstep", almost electro like I said, you could prrobably pawn this of to electro kids too haha

-that syncopated 16th note hat goin on, just get rid of it, its surposed to be a dubstep tune, get creative with your beats ma

-That bit crushed/downsampled bass patch, probably best to change it up a bit, not that its bad, Im sure a lot of people like it (borgore, funtcase crew), but it has been so unbeleivable rinsed, Im sure you could work it with different bass patches, like three different ones, every couple of bars chuch the midi clip into another track, switch it up.

Overall, really like the 8 bit melody kind of thing (the thing that isnt the bassline :?), but seriously, I think you've been makin to much electro/dutch house bollocks :lol: its starting to mash together. keep workin on it, it has potential to be pretty decent.

yeha i know, when i was making it i wasnt really planning on making a dubstep track, the whole thing started with a bassline/ravestep drum beat.

as for the bitcrushed being to much i am working on adding diffrent bass patched at the moment, they track is at full length no just working on things liek the stuff you pointed out and what not.

i thinks people dont give paragraph reviews like cairo and cbg cuz we aint all producers. heh. half the stuff goes over my head. i know i know this place is for dj's & producers.

but for now from a listeners perspective,

i likes the sound of it, and fer sure keep it going. much more darker then your other tracks (my genre radar sucks as so dont know if itll be dubstep).

love the distorted waahhh thing, almost like a roar over the darker sound. then the synth things kick in and give it like an adventure type sound. then it ended.... ahhhh. what happened to Link :teef: (oh yeah you all sony boys so wouldnt know Link).

you dont have to be a producer to know what good music sounds like, and if you dont know what good music sounds like, you probs shouldn't be here :lol:, you know things you like.....hopefully, point them out, you know what you dont like.....hopefully, point them out. You do a good job too eggssell, big up yoself 8)