motivation

DavePulse

Hi All.

Has anyone got the same problem as me????

1. I start a new track and it starts sounding how i want it which is orsm!

2. As you start layering sounds and adding more instruments etc to your arrangement it starts sound rubbish.

3. get really bored with hearing the same parts of the song over and over for hours.

4. Next step is to get really frustrated and pissed off and start a new track.

5. repeat steps 1 through 4.

I have like ten 3/4 finished tracks! fuck!

i really need to finish a track so you guys can shame me in a constructive manner (hopefully)

delete the things that sound rubbish, start fresh with a new loop, keeping the parts that you liked, continuously smash your head against your keyboard until you finish the tune.

For me, usually if I dont finish like the main skeleton and get my ideas out within and hour or so, the track will end up shite, but its always good to force a track to the end, it will be crap but finishing is the only way to progress, if that makes sense :?

yeah im reeeaaally stuck on the engineering side of it atm.

everyting ends up clashing with everything else and it frustrates the shit out of me!

I have basically finished one song (arrangement is pretty shit), but it still gives the idea of what i was trying to accomplish!

I should probably just upload it so i can atleast get some feedback on what im doing wrong!

Hi All.

Has anyone got the same problem as me????

1. I start a new track and it starts sounding how i want it which is orsm!

2. As you start layering sounds and adding more instruments etc to your arrangement it starts sound rubbish.

3. get really bored with hearing the same parts of the song over and over for hours.

4. Next step is to get really frustrated and pissed off and start a new track.

5. repeat steps 1 through 4.

I have like ten 3/4 finished tracks! fuck!

i really need to finish a track so you guys can shame me in a constructive manner (hopefully)

this is my life hahaha.

as soon as something in a track sounds bad i ussually scrap it and start again, i find it impossibe to keep motivated when there is a bad element in my tracks. which is odd cause most of my tracks finished products have bad elements, but you get my drift haha

i get ear fatigue. everything just sounds flat and the melody us just lame.

its so annoying. u just wana keep going!

hahah yeah i know :roll:

it is complete rubbish :cry:

its the first track i ever made about 2 yrs ago.

90% of it is made with Nexus which is why it sounds flat and boring....

Im using the Virus TI for leads and bass now, so im sure the next one will sound much more lively ;)

now, just have to finish it!

thats probaly the longest goign project ive ever heard of a track taking 2 years to make:P haha

if your losing motivation, just walk away, go out side.come back to the track an houre later or more, and you will hear how the track really does sound.

thats what tends to happen with me, ill make a track all night, thinking im killing it, go to sleep go back to it the next day and just think 'wtf is this shit' then i change it more, and everytime i come back to it its less shitty because those first hour or so i work on it my ears are freshhhhhhhhhh.

Also stock up on caffine/cigarettes, and send all house members out for a while so you dont get distracted.

neither, for me i started at festivals, then when ever i went to the city. then i lost my job in march, so got bored through the day and one day just decided to light up a smoke through the day, that started happening more frequent, now i ussualy have a smoke every day, you honestly dont realising the fuckers creeping up on you till its too late, i know ive got an addictiopn and i want to kick it, so hard though.

there fuckin pricks i tells ya

at least you can admit they're stupid. I thought them over hundreds of times and still dont understand them.

Sure if you're addicted, you have somewhat of a reason to smoke them... but otherwise. why? The apparant relaxing feeling it gives you... is actually a combination of your surroundings and the deep breaths you take when you inhale. Slows your heartrate, lowers your blood pressure etc.

I just wonder what would happen if they slowly lowered the nicotine in smokes, until it was all gone.

Me and my gd were talking about the other night, eventually, I believe, ciggarettes will be very uncommon/non-existent. Society, particularly AUS will just make it so unnaceptable, and expensive to do it. that it will eventually be taboo.

Ohhh and... motivation is cool!

I just wonder what would happen if they slowly lowered the nicotine in smokes, until it was all gone.

Me and my gd were talking about the other night, eventually, I believe, ciggarettes will be very uncommon/non-existent. Society, particularly AUS will just make it so unnaceptable, and expensive to do it. that it will eventually be taboo.

Ohhh and... motivation is cool!

i like the sound of this

nah i disagree they will never be non-existent, purely because the more taboo it is the more "cooler" it will seem to the young. however yes making it expensive will slowly make it difficult, or drive it underground the way of wacky weed.

which is taboo, illegal but highly available and used.

also addiction is a little more than just the heart rate blood pressure thing. the nicotine actually stimulates a part of the brain, which if you dont give it another hit go crazy, which makes you want the hit hence causing the addiction. of course if you never stimulated that part of the brain, you would not want it, so best not start!! i too aint big on it. im not a hater, like i dont really give a shyte, but would never pick it up maself.

done it right thru yr 11 & yr12 but got off as figured got plenty of other health issues i have to look forward too

nah i disagree they will never be non-existent, purely because the more taboo it is the more "cooler" it will seem to the young. however yes making it expensive will slowly make it difficult, or drive it underground the way of wacky weed.

which is taboo, illegal but highly available and used.

theyu could just make cigarettes illegal, then it would like you sya become underground. which would at least keep smoking out of all public area's

theres every reason for them to be illegal, i dont understand how they arnt tbh.

all it does is slowly kill someone, nothing good at all, they have nicotine in them which traps the user into its little trap, which cant be a legal thing to do can it? im sure if someone could pay enough to get some of the best lawyers in the world this could happen,

but who wants to bother with all that money hey?