Victory - Jonny B (not mastered.)

JonnyB

not to fond of the short synth hits (eg. 0.32/0.33)

maybe just lower them? keep them low like the other bass hits, but then i guess that changes the whole song,

cause i really like them from 0:55 onwards

maybe more highhat instead of marracas cause that ratchy noise gets a bit repetitive

REALLY like the kick in at 2:58

do want mastered version so i can play real loud

we got another chev in the making.

cheers man.

yeah i tried putting those 2 notes lower, i wasnt that happy with it though, i liked it the best were they are now, thats just me though.

yeah im still going to do more with the drums.

not going to master it till im convinced im finished with it. so basically after chev leaves his words, ill change it accordingly to what you and him say(and everything else) then master it

hahaha dig it hard

cheeeeaaaaaaaa love it at 3.00

when you churn it out into being a bit smoother and less rough, i reckon you go the other way first, and push it into something way more harder first before smoothing it out, just amp that shit to huge peaks chea

other than that, good adjustments

Pros:

-likin the lead synth, kinda purpley soundin

-the bass fills are nice, likin the lfo automation

-like the reverby bit on the lead, then the wigged out kinda delay things, you know in the break thang

-Second drop is beast

-Drums are better on the mastered version for sure

Cons:

-Hate that vowel filtered bass that goes over the lead, subject to opinion though, Im sure lots of people would like no matter how overdone it is :lol:

-Like I said drums are gettin there, they just need a bit more, I dunno, spunk?? Like little random things every 8 or 16 bars, little incidentals you know, I like to just get a hat sample or a percussion sample, and chuck a triplet delay on it you know, get em skankin, or just a sample with a lot of reverb, just somethin to grab their attention, make it sound like the song is constantly evolving and moving, and for a tune like this you really need a grooving drum track, cause its less..... noise, its got a bit of musicality to it and it leaves room for the drums, which Im liking by the way.

-uhh i dunno did I tell you I hate the vocal bass :teef:

Dig this man, like where its headin :D

nwould rather of the 'YOY' sound instead of the 'YEAH' but i cant quiet get it.

Even worse, hate borgore with a passion! and that is one of the easiest sound to make too, in massive, insert 1 = sample and hold, pitch to the max, adjust dry/wet to taste, the some slight bit crush, will make anything YOY :| oh and have the main envelope sync'd with the cutoff, with a bit of attack ;)

okays.

first up i like the yeah vocal ha ha ha. but then im no dubstep connoiseur .

i pretty much like all the synths/ chords played thru out and i think you mix it up but all in the same vein to keep cohesion.

if anything to point out, maybe the 1.59-2.59 minute seemed a little long, but that could be my short attnetion span and nothing really (tbh didnt even pick it up second listen).

nice outro.

i really like this one. for your dubstep tracks im pretty sure its got be one of my more favoured ones.