Sol's Very Legitimate Download Sources and Workflow

SolDios

I thought I'd take a moment to share my workflow with you guys from finding tunes to getting them in Rekordbox.

The biggest pain for me getting back into this has been getting this sorted so I can actually get on the decks, Here is my workflow:

Downloading Music - 

My sources are either:

1. Legally, Soundcloud, Beatport for my Hard Dance stuff etc.

2. Spotify for Sourcing and finding new tunes, looking at existing artists I like or using the "song radio" button on an existing track I like. Then downloading them "Very Legitimately".

From here I will get the music from one of either two sources:

- A: Deezloader Remix, download via the below link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/deemix/comments/g6kc3p/download_links/

This works via another Spotify clone that has all the same tunes, but has a few exploits that allow you to download 320kbs tracks. Just Make a Deezer account and follow the instructions in Deezloader, Get your API key from your cookies, then login to Deezloader and chuck in your API key. You can now basically download everything.

- B: This site, only used it abit so cant give my 100% recommendation https://free-mp3-download.net, hasn't given my laptop AIDS yet.

Once I have my tunes, they all get imported into Platinum Notes to bring em all to the same volume, then I load them directly into Rekordbox while they are still in the exported folder for Plat Notes. 

From here, I use mixed in key on my Plat Notes folder to get everything in Camelot style, then reload the tags in Rekordbox.

Hope this is of use to somebody.

I thought HQ streaming was 120kbps max on Spotify. They make you upload 16bit wav files when submitting to Spotify but I feel they're heavily compressed for this purpose. Also, the music is automatically normalised to -7db so just double check some of the files to see if they're all good. 

Speaking of, I'm going on a tune hunt now for no other reason than for ONE day I might get back on the decks 

On 25/06/2020 at 1:11 PM, LabRat said:

I thought HQ streaming was 120kbps max on Spotify. They make you upload 16bit wav files when submitting to Spotify but I feel they're heavily compressed for this purpose. Also, the music is automatically normalised to -7db so just double check some of the files to see if they're all good. 

Speaking of, I'm going on a tune hunt now for no other reason than for ONE day I might get back on the decks 

You can drop it to the highest quality in the settings (320). I should see if there's any software that can analyse it or view it side by side with something else to double check.

11 hours ago, SolDios said:

You can drop it to the highest quality in the settings (320). I should see if there's any software that can analyse it or view it side by side with something else to double check.

Get a spectrum analyser.

• 2 weeks later...