Secondary monitor

Jaz

so im running my hercules RMX off my laptop, but i also have a second monitor from my un-used desktop computer that ive been hooking up as a secondary and just sitting itunes on it to browse songs.

but its not very beneficial and am wondering if any of you know of a good program that i may benefit from running on that second monitor, something that compliments VDJ maybe, i dunno, heck even a visualization program that connects to the VDJ music etc...

take a look at mixvibes DVS....it has midi map for RMX

with mixvibes DVS I run a Second Lcd screen

at home...

I have all my play-list/media list on my laptop screen out off the way & a 19 lcd with my 4 decks & sampler in front off me

img0641b.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

if I play out..

I have a little 7 inch lcd touch screen I use as a second screen....& the touch screen is map'ed to the mouse pad to my laptop so I don't need to touch my laptop at all

img0654v.th.jpg

img0651p.th.jpg

ok a bit off topic for a sec, being a rookie, vdj was just the 1st software i jumped on, if traktor is better then yeh ill upgrade, but ive heard its for scratching? what is the different between VDJ n Traktor?

and wazza, i like the set up!

Serato is most commonly used for turntabilism. Traktor is for multi-deck beat locked looping Richie Hawtin style.

VDJ is Deck A deck B beat lock program. It's limiting and just too easy, Traktor is kind of similar but far more powerful and respected

thank you, the exact explanation ive been looking for on the net,

ok so doing some research and the hercules RMX needs midi mapping downloads for traktor pro but will work fine,

but whats confusing me is there is traktor prom traktor 3, and traktor scratch....

personally even the name virtual DJ turns me off LOL

So I got the traktor trial, got the mapping for the RMX but couldn't get it hooked up but that didn't matter as I was just foolin around with it, all I can see that's different with traktor is the ability to have 4 decks and it has different effects, other then that it doesn't seem to do to much more then vdj ,

coerrect me if I'm wrong

• 4 weeks later...

ontopic:

set up your computer (if it has windows 7) to act as an access point with its wireless card,

then set up itunes DJ, and enable song requesting,

then make shitloads of posters saying that people with iphones can request songs using the remote app.

Something I'm starting to do :)

ontopic:

set up your computer (if it has windows 7) to act as an access point with its wireless card,

then set up itunes DJ, and enable song requesting,

then make shitloads of posters saying that people with iphones can request songs using the remote app.

Something I'm starting to do :)

dig up a tutorial some where and post it in some section. i think this would be a good read ^.^

its very simple, download the free iphone app called "remote" and then open it and click connect while your itunes is open, itunes will ask you for permission, accept and your good to go, then your can use your phone as a personal jukebox and select songs to play one after another

as for how it works with 50 iphones possibly trying to access it, im not sure, will have to find out

well if you are still stuck then read here

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/h ... aptop.html

title is what the pagename says

how-to-connect-a-second-monitor-to-your-laptop

you can also buy the book too...

that will help

oh PS: if this is for mainly Laptop use you may want to buy this book

Laptops For Dummies, 4th Edition

Publisher: For Dummies | 2010 | 360 pages | ISBN: 0470578297

Get a move on! Learn to roam free with this guide to choosing and using a laptop. Laptops come with everything you need to get going — everything, that is, except a guide to buying and using one. This book covers portable computers from laptop to lap-bottom, with useful advice on picking one, setting it up, managing power and peripherals, going online, and hitting the road.

- Which one fits your lap? — learn what to look for, what to ignore, and how to find the laptop you'll love

- Get acquainted — tour your laptop and locate its buttons, disk slots, security features, and keyboard peculiarities

- Windows, laptop model — test-drive Windows® on your laptop and know where to find programs, files, and network access

- Feel the power — discover how to monitor your laptop's power and prolong battery life

- You've got connections — introduce your laptop to a network and connect to the Internet wherever you find it

- Make friends with your OS — find out how to use the latest features in Windows® 7 and other laptop-friendly operating systems and keep your laptop happy

- Bells and whistles, anyone? — add a portable printer, PC Card, or USB gizmo to make your laptop more versatile

- Prepare for takeoff — protect your laptop and your data when you travel

Open the book and find:

- Translations of laptop buzzwords

- Regular maintenance and troubleshooting tips

- Steps for safely unpacking your laptop

- Advice on maximizing power, memory, and hard drive space

- Tips for strong passwords you can actually remember

- What the differences are between netbooks and laptops

- How to make phone calls and video-chat from your laptop

- Descriptions of ten cool laptop accessories

Learn to:

- Make the most of the latest laptop features and capabilities