KAM 15" Sub

Jaz

so ive got my speakers, amp arives tomorro, waiting on some cheap lighting to arrive in the mail, and then im set for mobile DJing

....accept, like many of you, i love bass, it can make or break a party/club

so in around 2 weeks i will have enough money to purchase 1, after browsing its hard to find a passive 15" sub under 250-300 bucks, even on ebay....

but i have found this, and it seems to be an actual brand, that sponsors events and seems to be proud of their product

http://www.kam.co.uk/index.php?action=p ... uct_id=293

its says 120 euro's, but i can get it for $140 Aus, deal or no deal?

my question is, will my amp be enough to power it, and the amp only has A & B outputs, so how would i connect it?

http://www.djcity.com.au/products/spl-5 ... _1526.html

and can i say this forum has helped be 100 times more then the other 2 sites i joined and have since deleted :D cheers!!!!

Hi D Jaz

Would be interested to hear what Source says about this.

From your previous thread looks like speaker A output would power your 170wattrms FOH speakers and Speaker B output will power your 200Watt RMS sub. Depends on the sensitivity of your speakers whether you achieve the correct balance between sub and mains. You may have no attenulation to make any corrections.

Over to Source

Sorry 150watts Jay car speakers.

You will be line ball for output power 250watts assuming the sub draws 100watts a channel

two 1/4 inputs. 2 banana plug outputs from amp to 1/4 mono plugs to sub should do for connections but get banana plugs that have screw clamps not solder connections.

You dont want to be soldering broken connections at a gig

A screwdriver is quicker.

sounds good, so basicly connection A running the speakers and connection B running the sub,

but then there will only be 85 odd watts running to each speaker from connection A and 175 watts running to from connection B to the sub

would there be a way to leave the speakers running off each connection and split the sub wires so 1 wire runs off A and 1 off B?

because if both ways work, i could easily do both and find which sounds best

yeh go for the sub,

but id'e be looking at gettign a lighting rig going too

bass is good, but i think lighting could make/break a party

you can get cheapish smoke machines and lasers for about $50 each, cheap strobes too on ebay stores. so look around there.

they are almost cheaper top buy then rent, the only stuff ide rent is like a rage light or some kinda all in 1 light until you can afford to buy one, stands/ lighting trees are pretty cheap on teh net also, so hunt around.

Re the sub.

You can get a sub amp for 100 dollars -80watt.

from Jaycar or the 150watt model.

I bought the 80watt for home theatre and have used it for small gigs, it pumps out heaps of bass for its price. into a 150watt speaker. Lots of plug options also, rca input or in /out speaker feed which you might need.

Went overboard sexing up the bass cabinet. Buying parts, grille,carpet corners,. handles etc,I could have bought a powered sub for what I spent.