Russain music sites

pill

I couldn't find the thread where we were talking about buying mp3s off legit sites, so I thought i'd post it here.

I'm not trying to become a big warning-you're-breaking-the-law head but this really concerned me.

On Saturday night at a gig a lady came up to me and suggested I buy my music off some "mp3Z.ru" website (or similar) because the songs are only 19 cents a track or $1 for an album and it's "totally legitimate because you are paying for it". I warn you. It's not.

These companies have not actually paid for distribution rights to the music and so if you buy it from anything around that price, the money you pay is going to some seedy old man, not to the artists of the songs, or the record companies, or anyone involved in making the music.

Don't fall down the trap of "i paid for it so it must be legal".

Sorry for the rant I just wouldn't want anyone to get caught out! Refer to the list that has been posted here previously (cupe could you link it please?) for legit music sites that we recommend.

well Pill anything from Russia is illegal

one thing that will happen to that woman is, they steal your bank accounts

they steal the paypal account if you have it

I basicly wouldnt trust a russian site if you paid me!

she should be using the legit sites because you only get caught once....

oh and that one you showed Pill - mp3Z.ru (if thats what she said it was)

doesnt even work as it is lol