monitor issues

eggssell

hey all. you may remember my setup at me new place where the stereo is underneath the table.

eggs1

anywho, while mucking around on my nephews kit last week, and we setup his speaker right in front of us, i realised it was so much easier to mix. and made me realise why with my new setup as the speakers are deeper under the table, i would have to turn the cans right down to hear the mix thru the speakers.

previously they were underneath the black glass console (which no one bought and now houses my expansive liquor collection) which wasnt so deep, so probably never had the issue.

therefore i have two options.

get stands to take the speakers off the ground (and possibly come up behind the table, which will look uglier...)

OR buy some speakers to use for monitoring, im thinking laptop speakers, a cheap ebay monitor (just one), or even a cheap guitar amp if it exists (this is what my nephew was using).

now my budget is about $100. any suggestions would be much appreciated?

yeah been looking for cheap ones and not coming up with much. especially ones that can sit behind the table and be as high as the table!

may have to sit either side of the table, and then i just point towards me whenever i use, but thatll look pretty fugly. and my kit is smack bang in my lounge room. hmmmmmm.

anyone gone DIY (and remember im an office beehatch so not very handy) for less than a hunge?

okay solved it the cheapest way possible by squeezing everything in so they sit on the back corners. doesnt look as good but whatever doesnt look bad and it does the job. hope the table holds. it was rated for 50 kgs and each turnie is 20 each. but looks stable.

so thanks for the suggestions guys.

new question though. the speakers are now right up against one corner of the turntables. i could be totally way off the mark but could the magnet in the speaker mess up the magnet in the tt or vice versa??