eggs takes another shot

eggssell

Hey all I know ive been a total slacker in my reviews and I promise to fix it up over this weekend. But ive just recorded a mix that I think is okay. Theres one absolute train wreck which sounds so badd and it goes for a whole 30 seconds!!! and to make it worse I could hear it wrecking and thought ill put an echo on and stop the outgoing track, but accidentally setoff a high filter instead so it starts to sound like snares smashing (I recommend you skip the whole 30 seconds from 5.06 onwards!!)

Anywho unlike my first mix which was 5 train wrecks and one good mix, I think this is about 5 okay ones and one total F up.

Anywho done with vinyl timecode in absolute mode, using external mixer, and the one crappy effect done from the mixer. Kind of done on the fly. Well I basically hopped on the decks tonight and mixed about 8 tracks on the fly. Then I went to my history tab, and played all the songs in the same order again (but I only played first 6), this is what I recorded.

Not really club/ dance floor tracks, so made more for chilling or maybe cruising. Ive put the tracklist and timings below, so if you too busy to do whole 20 mins just go to maybe 5 seconds before the transition.

0.00 Burns, Bobby/ Afrojack – Ghetto Blaster

2.15 Dario Nunez - Do You Remember - Original Mix

5.06 Party Dark - Is That You? - DJ Naughty's UK Funky mix

9.30 Drop the Lime - Set Me Free - Zombie Disco Squad remix

13.00 Hystereo – Hysterica

16.10 Ocelot - Beating Hearts - Louis La Roche Remix

cheers very much in advance for your critique and advice.

mixed eggs 08/10/10 by eggssell

My own review.

1st transition, I liked because I leave it going for a whole one minute. faded out too abruptly and some vocal crashing

2nd transition, don’t even want to talk about it. Seriously skip it.

3rd, average. Not perfect but aiight

4th, starts offbeat at first but I think I recover quickly then I like it because the two tracks fit hand in hand and I play it out for while

5th, this one is okay too. Incoming track bit loud. Really need to learn to adjust gains. Also starts to go off beat as I fade out.

Overall I am very happy. This is first mix ive recorded since may, and the first mix ive done since moving my speakers to right in front of me. I rection that’s helped my beatmatching heaps. Cuz maybe only 2 of the tracks are the same speed, the rest I had to pitch manually.

bit of pushing and shoving around just past 5:00

haha love that drop the lime track

pretty bumpin' mix man. would love to see something with a bit more energy, but i guess it was alot of disco house and like you said not really dancefloor tracks anyway

nice and chilled. nice 1

yeah i really struggled with it i mean i was sure id beat matched it but then i think i dropped it a tad early or maybe pushed off too hard, then tried slowing it down, then just said stuff it echo out. and bam! fail... setoff the high filter, so the kick sounds like a snare smashing into the incoming snare.

yeah the tracks are a bit old too as i havent crated my last two bulk purchases.

anywho thanks for the listen man!

yeah thanks man!!

i think thats prob why it feels a little boring cuz smack bang in the middle is the longest song which is kinda upbeat but there is no build or anything.

the honest reason why its so long (and in fact during the transition out of it, it reaches its outro) was because i had messed the transition into that song so bad i checked that i had the next track beat matched about 10 times before saying okay im gonna drop it now ha ha ha

i had a listen a few days ago, wrote up the biggest contructive critisism and my laptop battery died, was so cut, felt so good to be giving a big lot of feedback to you. but after that i lost my shit and was to angry, you basically summed it all up in your own review though.

drop the lime is dope hey