scrambled eggs

eggssell

hi just a quick on the fly.

like before hopped on and messed about. then went to history and played all songs in same order. funny, when i was messing about i went for about 30 mins but the mix is only 12, guess needed time to warm up.

anywho i quite like this mix. best one ive recorded so far. as per my introduction post about a year ago i really wanted to mix bmore and miami bass and this is closest i have gotten. more upbeat.

ill let others comment before i break it down, though while mixing and after listening i think i have issues trying to end the outgoing track. oh and gains suck again.

anywho here is the listing, if you cant stand listening to the whole thang just jump to 5 secs before transition.

any advice would be much appreciated...

0.00 Deekline ft Top Cat - Party Party (Rico Tubbs)

1.29 Felguk ft Sporty-O - 2nite

3.20 Nick Thayer - Dirty Lickin - Trevor Loveys & Nick Thayer Remix

5.20 Savage Skulls ft Timbuktu - Bumps

7.32 Blatta & Inseha - Bite Your Lip - NT89 remix

9.22 Jade Elektra - Bitch You Look Fierce - Scott Harris Remix

https://soundcloud.com/eggssell/party

transition 1- liked it just would have kept the first song going for a touch more or slowly trans it out maybe?

transition 2-sounds sickk really like this transition like listened to just the transition bit maybe 3 times now still sounds sick

transition 3-sounds good to me dude eq maybe a touch to loud

transition 4-sickkk transition like this one alot too

transition 5-good transition

i couldnt tell anything with the eqs(no headophnones and a few shots) but sounds good to me mate

did you mean 9 50? the bitch you look fierce vocal worked well over the previous track but yeah outgoing track always feels like i just dump out of it.

(if you meant 8 50 that wasnt me that was the remix)

anywho thanks for the review man glad you liked the tracks and the mix. it ai t perfect but im glad im gettig better. been a year now since i grabbed the decks. had a bigg dead spot in the middle of this year where i didnt get on. but trying to hit it at least once a week.

writing as i go.

1st transition - already alot better then your last mix i listned to, beat matching is good, like pulse said probaly could of played the rico tubs track for a further 15 seconds up untill the drop of the 2nd track.

2nd tranny - loverly :)

3rd tranny - loverly again :)

4th - sounded a little bit out at the start but cleaned up, then into a wicked track....nice one.

5th - not a big fan of fading out tracks by taking out the low end, to me it just feels like an energy killer, especially in bassy music....i think its a big thing in like house/trancy type music though. not sure..other then that though nice mix man :)

5th

• 2 months later...

bump for gandy. hey you already commented on this, well the tracklist anywho. this is my best recorded to date. prob still my best mixxx. really been trying to do hip hop the last few times but just cant get it down pat. even cheated and picked all songs with 88 to 92 bpm so itll be nice and easy to pitch them at 90 which i can do no sweat, but just finding the right spot (which seems to be like only 2 or 3 per song) and making the transition sound good is bloody hard. as i said in another thread all the examples i see are very minimal hip hop (kick, snare, hi hats and maybe a bass line) so cutting from one to the other works but some of the ones i have arent so minimal.

might kick another bmore and breaks set tonight.

• 2 years later...