Second Hand Gear

eddiebrillo

Hey I've just been offered a 1210 and a DJM800 really cheap, and Im a bit paranoid that they might be dodgy. I dont know the person, all I really want to know is there some way I can check the serial numbers on them both, so that I know they weren't bought of some dodgy knock of site. Has anyone seen them before? Will I know when I see it?

There are millions of Fake DJ headphones n rip offs but as for decks n mixers...im not sure

and if they were im sure they would be easy to pick...diff buttons,knobs,faders and in different locations maybe, Pioneer spelt wrong or something :lol:

but hey, i may be wrong, there may be some good rip offs

check the 1200 wiki entry for the serial number thang and you can tell how old they are.

Also there is a way to see if the drive is alrught by settig pitch to just off zero and running at 33. i think the middle set of dots on the platter should remAin still.

im pretty sure tubby posted it somewhere in beginners or buy gear

yeah check the weight aswell they weigh a fucload so if theyre weirdly light you know theyre dodgy also play it at 33 the the big dots should be still with no jerky movements slowly raise the pitch and they should move slowly to the left and lower the pitch they should go slowly to the right..

also play it at 33 the the big dots should be still with no jerky movements slowly raise the pitch and they should move slowly to the left and lower the pitch they should go slowly to the right..

just thought i should clarify......if this test fails it doesn't mean the turntable is dodgy. the (old) pitch fader might be on its way out and needs to be replaced with a new one.