Mobile Speakers

rhetski

So, Im in the market for a set of powered speakers plus maybe sub (might be able to add that in later when I get more cash)

I do mainly mobile stuff so I need something fairly portable, sturdy, but I dont want to compromise sound quality.

I have been looking at Mackie's from StoreDJ

http://www.storedj.com.au/products/MAC-PK-SRM450V2

Just wanted to throw it out there and get some opinions/advice?

What kind of Party's will you be doing? Eg teenage party's or weddings etc?

whats your budget?

without knowing any of those answers ill give you some quick advise until you can reply :P

with Mobile DJing, its good to have a good set up, but i strongly recommend going a cheaper option on speakers if your doing Teenage party's, i meen it only takes 1 drink spilled and you've lost $1000-$2000 worth of speakers

im not saying take Home stereo system, just think low-mid range for party's

eg , Behringer make some great quality speakers at a reasonable price, they will pump plenty at a party

http://www.storedj.com.au/products/BEH-B215D

I've read quite a few reviews on powered speakers for mobile use.

I've read that quite a few unlucky SRM450V2 owners have had some problems, having to take them back for repairs several times. You might want to check up on this.

If you're restricted financially, either hire your speakers when you do parties or buy some Behringers such as what DJaz suggested.

If your budget permits, have a look at QSC K and KW series tops, or JBL's PRX600 series. I do recommend that you read lots of reviews and familiarise yourself with the specifications.

I will be doing all sorts of jobs so I am actually just thinking now maybe 2 sets would be handy?

A cheap set for the crazy alcohol fuelled 18th & 21sts so maybe something from JB or JayCar and then get a good quality set for weddings, corporate stuff etc.

I would rather spend a few extra hundred and get something that sounds awesome then be tight and put up with mediocre quality.

Because I am in early days of getting all my gear set up I get a bit excited about all the cool shit I can buy!!

If you've got the cash for 2 sets then go for it, get some bash around speakers for the teens like u said, I'm actually running a pair of cheap 15" 3 way speakers from jaycar, still going strong, by them selfs they are a bit plain but if u add a sub or 2 it's pretty decent

I will link u to a thread of all my gear when I get home, if u wanna see what I'm talking about