syncing acapellas in logic

JonnyB

hey guys, just wondering what methods you all use to sync your acapellas,

im fine syncing short audio samples like 4 or 8 bars from a verse... but im wanting to use a full acapella for a few upcoming bootlegs.

mainly want to sync a bunch of nas songs into dubstep...dubstep being 140bpm and hiphop being anywhere from 75 too 100 i think.

is there another way other then choping and stretching the audio to where you think its right.....its such a long and gruelling process :(

Have to say ableton is king for this. with my small experience of logic, chopping up audio like acapellas is not pleasant.

What i do in ableton is i get the audio where it should be, then run a really small loop over a kick, and drag the vocal back and forward still it matches perfectly. rinse and repeat. also ableton warping is awesome

hey jonny cant you stretch the non acapella version to make it the right speed. then stretch the acapella to match that?

isnt that how they use to do blends on turnies. by beatmatching the non acapella. then leave pitch where it is and drop the acapella version.

no idea if my suggestion is plausible as my experience w daws is limited to a few hours in audacity. but pickin up pro tools today. wu huuuu

hey jonny cant you stretch the non acapella version to make it the right speed. then stretch the acapella to match that?

isnt that how they use to do blends on turnies. by beatmatching the non acapella. then leave pitch where it is and drop the acapella version.

no idea if my suggestion is plausible as my experience w daws is limited to a few hours in audacity. but pickin up pro tools today. wu huuuu

yeah i know what you mean, but then id have my dance track paying at the speed of a hiphop track and would be hard to get it to match up to 130ish bpm :)

There's time stretch in logic 9 which makes it a lot easier. I'm yet to use it so I'm not sure exactly how it works but there should be vids on YouTube

yeah there is but it would be as easy as say using the time warp in ableton....

with logic you highlight an area(say 4 bars) and the audio clip youve slected will stretch itself to the length of 4 bars.

There's time stretch in logic 9 which makes it a lot easier. I'm yet to use it so I'm not sure exactly how it works but there should be vids on YouTube

yeah there is but it would be as easy as say using the time warp in ableton....

with logic you highlight an area(say 4 bars) and the audio clip youve slected will stretch itself to the length of 4 bars.

ah ok. sorry dude, i just got logic and havnt really gone too far into it. just assumed it was easy coz the guy at the apple shop was telling me how much of a life saver it is :roll:

hey tomy do you get your computer music from here or overseas?

i just ordered issue 156 for about 10 AUD. 20 bucks at newsagents

i usally buy it from the newsagent i'm not organised enough to sign up haha i think i might in the new year though.

costs a small fortune at the news agent though.