1 track per cd

mattus123

that was/ and possibly is the standard from what i remember hearing.

remember these people arent using mp3's so the most they can get on a disc is maybe 10 tracks (less for those 10 minute trance songs).

so it is heaps easier to have less songs on the cd.

im sure people would have no more than 5 tracks per disc, definitely no more than 10.

armed or cbg, what do you guys do? its only a handful right

well thast what made me question my playlist making skills

i put on as many songs as i could fit onto the disc which is roughly about 12 (i dont make mp3 cds)

but after hearing this, im starting to tihnk maybe i should have more cd's with less on them

also... is there a certain way i should organize tracks into cds? obviously im not gonna put country music with trance, but should the tracks on each cd have similar bpms and stuff, or doesnt it really matter?

im real fussy with my cds and i tend to burn them like vinyl. example - i'll buy the whole release and burn that release onto cd - could have 2 songs or more. if its a single release (like you're typical white label) then i'll burn that single to cd. i enjoy looking through my wallet seeing releases rather then a bunch of cds with a playlist of random songs

armed or cbg, what do you guys do?

well can't speak for cbg but i have one track per cd, and no its not to look cool ejecting cd's all the time.....its because anymore than that and it becomes a risk. say you have 5 songs on a cd, imagine that cd fucks up at a gig, well thats 5 songs gone that you could have used where as if its 1 song well its no big deal.

If you have the money and time i suggest one song per cd and label them with a cd labeler and put what you want on the label eg. bpm, key etc... obviously you want the track name and artist hehe.

But with all the new gear coming out now i tend to use usb sticks more and more on the cdj's. And i will always have 2 with me so if one fucks up (extremely rare) you have another. so 2 usb sticks instead of a few hundred cd's, kinder on the pocket too haha.

cd's screwing up isnt HEAPS likely thou is it?

if i were to put about 5 on a cd, that'd be acceptable yea? (i think ive got too many tracks (12) on my current cds)

also in relation to that video, buuren has the key written on the cd

im assuming throughout the set he would change keys, so not every transition would be in key ey?

yea i definitely know mixing in key sounds better

but at some point throughout the set you would have to change keys wouldnt u?

or would u jsut have to have that many songs in the same key, that you wouldnt need to change keys?

what armin was doing was mixing keys, in part 1 he went from F to F#, in part 1 he went from F# to G

he said 8 to 9 beats per minute equal half a note, so a sharp or a flat, so to go up a key he was playing the F# song and sped it up so it was G so it matched the next song he had lined up

could also be done the opposite, pitch down your track in G to it becomes F# so it match's when you bring it in

i got slappa and udj, i like the UDJ cause its on a sling and holds a shit load,

but id lean to a slappa case and just buy a shit load of inserts so when you gig u take the inserts you want and slide them into the case. That way u limit what you take particularly if you dj different styles