Looooooook what i got.

legunner

added to soundcloud thread

http://www.ausdjforums.com/modules.php? ... 8239#68239

the one from 5th of nov is the best mix i have ever made ha ha ha :teef:

the other one i was experimenting with hip hop and tracks with all lyrics and no intros. so its all hot mixed (i.e. i am dropping second track over first track with both faders open). its aiight, but i fugged first transition and the attempt at cutting sounds stupid.

these were all done in absolute mode, which basically means you pick the needle up and put it to start it goes to start, you pick it up and put in middle it goes to middle.

thanks man :) now just have to get a soundcard and control vinyls.....and some software haha.

hey bud ill offload my audio 8 dj and control vinyls if ya keen, i dont use em anymore since 350s are HID and i wont be doing digital with my turnies

yer needles could be farked i its loud crackling.

if its just soft crackle and pop, welcome to the analogue world man. thats what people call the warm sound of vinyl.

buy a cleaning kit (stylus brush with liquid, and record cloth with liquid) and give your needles and records a good clean up.

if you think its worse record with phone and post up so we can see what you mean

it keeps making a loud crackling noise what the fuck is that

1st things 1st: turn down your speakers until you source the problem, you may damage your speaker cones if not.

Next: Does the crackle happen as you move faders/controls on the mixer? If so you need some contact cleaner. If not: try to deduce where crackle is coming from, turn off one deck... can you still hear crackle? it's not that deck that has the problem then. Turn off other deck etc... If you can try borrow a mixer so you can swap them over to see if it's coming from there.

Not solved? then i think worse case scenario is some loose copper wire inside the sheath of your audio cables, or where they should attach to solder internally on your dex or mixer.

So: Very very carefully try this: with no audio playing but all ready to go and needles on records: very very gently wiggle each cable one at a time to see if it crackles. Wiggle where cable meets deck 1, then where that cable meets mixer, then same for deck 2, and finally master out from mixer and audio into amp/speaker.

DO this so gently as this issue is caused by wiggling cables (which happens everytime you set up of course)

If crackle appears to result from a specific cable being wiggled then turn off that deck or replace that cable and see if problem fixed. If it's the cables that are internal to your dex you're going to need a service.

Other possible options: cables on the cart are loose, mixer needs a contact clean, cables internal on tonearm are loose (but this normally = earth hum not crackle).

to be honest there are many things that could cause this and Eggs is also right: it may just be natural vinyl sound, but if it's really loud there may be a fault, and at the end of the day if it's loud enough to mention to us you clearly arent impressed by it.

good luck.