Just starting out - Gear advice?

Im leaning towards the pioneer 400's, anyone know anything about a mackie ppm 8085 mixer? I may be able to pick one up for about $900

If your looking to pay that amount i'd go for a second hand djm 700 or 800. Even any of the xone mixers.

edit: just had a look at those mixers... and that's not the type of mixer you need.

Im leaning towards the pioneer 400's, anyone know anything about a mackie ppm 8085 mixer? I may be able to pick one up for about $900

is this the mackie you're talking about? i had no idea what it was, and i searched it on google images and this came up.

Mackie808S8ChannelPoweredMixer.jpg

if thats the case, no you do not want that.

is this the mackie you're talking about? i had no idea what it was, and i searched it on google images and this came up.

Haha Woops, yep thats the one :\

I looked at a few of the gumtree links you guys posted,also the ebay links. Most of them are local pick up only and Im in Adelaide, Australia :(

I'd probably prefer to buy everything as a package to avoid least running around as possible, those pioneer 400's look amazing though, the girl in the tutorial videos that are stickied is using them too??

Haha Woops, yep thats the one :\

I looked at a few of the gumtree links you guys posted,also the ebay links. Most of them are local pick up only and Im in Adelaide, Australia :(

I'd probably prefer to buy everything as a package to avoid least running around as possible, those pioneer 400's look amazing though, the girl in the tutorial videos that are stickied is using them too??

She sure is, the 400's will be perfect for you to learn on, if one day you end up moving onto 850's/1000's/900's/2000's the transition to them will be too easy.