serato itch - potentially dumb question ahead

hoddi

as i said, dumb question but im not good at computers and having problems putting my songs onto itch. i go through the tabs at the top to find the songs but hav to go thru artists and it wont let me use the touch thingo slider at the top of the controller to quickly search thru the alphabet. i no i am doing it wrong and when i click load song to one of the decks it goes into the spot im pretty sure they shud all b but doing that would mean adding each one in order which i no isnt rite. please help! hope u understand wat i am saying too and thanks for all the help so far, u guys r the shiz :D

(and sorry if it is in the rong section)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there mite be, ill check tomorrow turned that computer off now but yea it is connected because its just an inbuilt feature of the controller which is all good but sorry i still no almost fuck all about evrything but i will look for that tomorrow

^ i dont know itch either but the screen shots i've seen imply there is a browser area where all you're songs should stay?

Have you checked in your itch options/preferences if you can set a folder as your music library? that is how it works in traktor etc.

If not that perhaps you can select all your tracks in itunes or whatever and drag the whole lot to the browser area on itch? try drag and drop with one 1st and if it works dump the lot in?

i dont know itch but am hoping to get soon, and i am foolish so try my ideas last probably.

hey,

i just saw on other thread you got one of those djjs thingies?

Do you mean the pioneer badbwoy?

I'm sure it's supposed to sync an itunes library.

but anyway tell me how it is man... I got some specific questions i could really do with answering if you have used Pioneer cdjs too?

oooooo, srs question, please let me know if you dont understand it:

you ever used cdj 1000s?

if so:

how do the platters on the ddjs1 compare? can you set them to "scratch" mode like cdj1000s so that the top of the platter is for scratching/fwd/rwd but the edge of the platter is for nudging?

also: chk the links below: If those threads cant help you should prob post your own query (but make sure they know it's about the djjs1, they have hardware specific areas to the forums). On that forum they have a lot of cocks but there are good lads amongst the dicks. Cerla and Kraal have helped me before.

http://serato.com/forum/discussion/187476

http://serato.com/forum/discussion/259946

p.s. very jealous of your choice of set up mate. Well done, i honestly believe this new gen of controller will become the new industry standard in the same way cdjs did 15 yrs ago.

hey can you tell me why the serato itch version is more expensive then the traktor version? did the sales ppl explain why that is?

cause serato is kooler! lol seriously but even serato compared to traktor is way more expensive but some how i like the layout of serato and itch better than TSP and traktor

^i think its coz serato have a much stronger link between hardware and software, which i guess implies much more time spent collaborating between the two teams at R+D stage?

hoddi: no probs, thanx 4 being honest. good luck with the itch forums.

really, i think serato gui looks dated, everytime i see it it reminds me of vdj specially with the two tts spinning reminds me of the default vdj skin lol and the vertival wave forms is like whyyyyyyy its like they did that just for the sake of being different

^ users can select where the waveform is and i think the idea is that the laptop is essentially a library/record box.

devs imply the dj should only need to look at the hardware apart from choosing a tune, hence the crumby gui.

TBH i havent tried it yet as ns6 still hasnt landed in uk, but i'll report back when i have.

what is a sync button?

Srs tho: i believe it has beatgridding and sync but you can disable all these just like in traktor.

p.s. dont confuse serrato with itch. serrato is the timecode based system, itch is just for controllers with high spec hardware/software collaboration i.e. NO MIDI MAPPING.

can and will be confused, at least traktor is all jsut the one thing that does everything, still dont know why the itch version of pioneer controller would be couple hundred more, why not get the traktor version then spend the extra couple of hundred on a decent set of cans?

Nah, i cant explain it. There is an explanation, and i feel i understand it, but i cant explain it.

Have a look more into the itch product and you'll see how much extra attention they pay to linking hardware and software, it's all about that mate.

^this is the weakest answer ever given ey?

yer, well i'm kinda trying to do some real work today in my office.

anyway:

WHAT IS ITCH?

Serato ITCH is an integrated software and hardware system, designed to give music selectors and DJs new kinds of control. Serato and ITCH partners have made award winning DJ systems that operate without CD players or turntables.

Using the ITCH software you can DJ music on your computer with accurate control from a range of purpose built ITCH hardware.

Channel fading, EQ, cross fading and track trim are processed in software with audio and headphone monitoring on the ITCH hardware. Simply connect one USB cable to your computer, connect to your sound system and you're in action.

ITCH DJ SOFTWARE

Integrated "one to one" hardware to software mapping for instant control and minimum setup time.

Interoperable with Scratch LIve crates, loops and cue points, and support for iTunes™.

Clean and simple software user interface with emphasis on hardware controller to display information.

Auto Tempo Matching and Beat Sync.

Optimal Gain and BPM Calculation

Serato's unique color waveforms for easy identification of sound.

Set and store Cue-points.

Manual and Auto Loop activation.

Music Library management tools for backup and restore.

Exclusive Access to Fresh Promotional Music with Whitelabel.net

Input and Mix recording capability.

AIFF, WAV, MP3 and AAC audio file support

No Charge Upgrades that constantly add new features and improvements

ITCH HARDWARE OPTIONS

There are a variety of ITCH controllers designed in conjunction with the worlds leading DJ brands. Each manufacturer has co-engineered their ITCH hardware with Serato to embrace the needs of the many styles of DJing being performed today.

ITCH DJ Controllers with internal audio mixing

These are all-in-one mixing control surfaces with audio input and output connections. Audio processing and mixing happens via Serato ITCH software.

The Allen & Heath Xone:DX is a 4-channel audio controller for electronic DJs and is the result of close design collaboration between Allen & Heath and Serato

The Novation TWITCH is a controller for a new breed of of digital DJs and controllerist performers.

The Numark NS7 is an elegant desktop controller with responsive motorized control platters that feature 7" vinyl for a more traditional feel.

The Numark NS6 is a high resolution four deck DJ controller delivering powerful breakthrough performance.

The Pioneer DDJ-S1 is a digital DJ controller combining Pioneer's renowned hardware design with the intuitive Serato ITCH DJ software.

The Vestax VCI-300 is a sleek all-in-one portable DJ controller. It can be USB powered from the compute and Its slim design makes it a great traveling companion.

ITCH DJ Components for outboard audio mixing

The introduction of ITCH components allows DJs to use their choice of outboard mixer to mix and control audio levels. ITCH components allow tight pre-mapped control of your music with all the benefits of Serato ITCH processing and library management.

The Denon DJ DN HC-5000 is a robust rackmount controller for Mobile/Digital DJs. It has multi-functional touch sensitive jog wheels and one to one mapped control. It's built-in sound card provides audio outputs to connect to your choice of mixer.

The Numark V7 delivers outstanding feel and unprecedented power in a single-platter digital DJ controller.

ITCH DJ FX Controllers

Unleash and manipulate a range of new Serato DJ FX by adding one of these hands-on performance controllers.

The Numark NSFX is a slimline DJ FX controller, styled to integrate with the NS7 and ITCH.

The Vestax VFX-1 is a DJ FX controller designed to compliment the VCI-300 and ITCH.

Only hardware products bearing the ITCH logo are certified by Serato. This means it is part of a system that has Serato ITCH software ready to use - out of the box. Serato ITCH software is only available for certified ITCH hardware and is not sold separately.

http://serato.com/itch

hmm i think i understand, ITCH is purely software for the controller, where as serato is more your general dvs for any setup but requies a lot of tinkering with?

does this mean the traktor ddj one is not plug and play and you have to setup midi mapping? what about the S4 with traktor same thing??

fuck i am really confused now lol sorry, hoddi hurry up and write a review up!

ITCH is purely software for the controller, whereas serato is more your general dvs for any setup but can cope with a lot of tinkering with?

yes but the software/hardware hook up on dvs is not as reliable due to the ability of tinkering.

does this mean the traktor ddj one is not plug and play and you have to setup midi mapping? what about the S4 with traktor same thing??

no the traktor and s4 come with midi maps but you can still tinker.

the point of itch is you cannot tinker with its midi map. The controls are locked with the controller you choose to buy. You cannot buy itch without a controller. They are born and developed together. This is why they have much better plug and play ability and rock solid latency free control.

No extra soundcard, no timecode, no set up. literally plug n play.

TBH: i only found out about it coz i like the look of the ns6.

but anyway:

yeah hoddi: post reviews

:)

i kno mate, only kiddin.

it is pretty confusin anyway.

but as far as i understand it: the best analogy i can think of is this:

traktro/serrato/even VDJ are software programmes that any user can use with a variety of timecode sources, in a variety of ways, and so can cause a million different issues for themselves and for Tech Support due to the variety of soundcards/ controllers/ midi maps etc.

A bit like a PC computer.

...or like a midi controller keyboard with various synthesiser software programmes.

Itch is developed with it's hardware so what you see is what you get. But it works and so if you like it you roll with it.

like a mac.

... or a piano.