serato itch - potentially dumb question ahead

hoddi

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back on track for what the purpose of this thread was; thankyou so much love you guys got it working now :D now just gotta connect the speakers properly and it will all be working properly!

hey stop hijacking my thread about my fanboyism for utah saints

and how exactalyy does that happen? ha no i didnt no that, im bad at computers and stuff i mean once i no wat to do its all good but yea, how does that work? (i am a noob remember at this)

on your DDJ-s1 ,you have 3 knob that sit Above the the seven-band VU meters....one is master output {the volume for the amp/speakers} ,one is headphonos cue {the volume for your headphonos } one is headphono mix ..............use headphonos mix

^yer, headphones mix lets you choose wether you hear what you have set to play in your headphones or wether you hear what would be playing out of the master out to speakers.

i use it when kids are in bed. Not the same as feeling the bass but it gets you going without speakers. and can be an essential skill to learn in case you ever have to play a silent disco or dodgy room with terrible delays.

if you dont understand the genius of wazza and the waffle of dim remember the golden rule:

"play with it and you'll work it out"

tip is hoddi use your headphones as much as you can

if you get used to mixing with your headphones and not your speakers and recording ur mixes it a better way to go imo, you get alot of delays in clubs, some clubs dont have monitors so having this skill is good

i do all of my mixing with my headphones even wen i gig sometimes give my ears a rest wen a gig out and use the monitor

normally:

you use the headphones to hear whichever track you have selected to cue.

at the same time you listen to the music that people would be hearing in an audience through the same speakers they do. This is called "front of house"

in headphone mixing:

you use a rotary pot which lets you decide whether you can hear the cue channel or the front of house output in your headphones.

so you listen to the front of house in your phones by having the pgm/cue selector all the way over to pgm. then when you want to cue up you turn the pgm/cue control towards cue. then you use your phones to prep the track you are cueing as usual.

then you turn back to pgm to mix.

In practice you may find a preffered position for the pgm/cue mix which lets you concentrate on the "front of house" so you can hear what the audience hears, but that also lets just you hear what you are cueng up too.

this technique works really well but if no one is controlling the "front of house" output you must occasionally take of your phones to check the sound quality that the punters can hear is reasonable. this wont matter to you hoddi until you are in a club or gig.

• 2 weeks later...