Serato ITCH 2

Jarred

^edit: just got a mail from serato inviting me to donwload 2.0.

have a gig tonight so no way I am upgrading without time to test stability.

Will prob do sunday when sober.

any news wazza or jarred? how is it for you, what hardware you use it with?

Make sure u check it for un expected bugs 1st.

Foolish has new hardware but every one else check compatabilty.

Why you ask ?

Serato new verstion of scratch live don't work on sl1 box's found that out the hard way before a jam in the bush (bring my then spanking new 68 to what was a messy ass week end no way! thank god I had old software installers at the ready.

Let us know how it goes foolish

^i upgraded this eve, had to upgrade firmware for the hardware at the same time.

Just done an hour set, recording, using everything. It was steady. I will post any crash or issue news here if it happens as 1 hour not a fair test.

features wise:

not too sure the new viewing options offer that much as you just get 4 layouts to choose from and cant modify them.

I do like being able to change font size and I have found a view that removes all the beat indicator rubbish and just shows me a waveform for the whole track so I guess it is an improvement.

really hoped they were adding a way for me to read input levels from decks as I so far only have a master ouptut level. They didnt :(

was looking forward to the sampler but now discover I can only control it by my laptop keyboard!

there was a specific bug on my hardware that seems to have been fixed but only time will tell...

I do like that they leave you with the old version so rollback is V easy.

it's an update, not an upgrade really. i dont get why all the "game-changer" hype on their website.