Websites from scratch and Java

Buck_Choi

Hey guys,

new semester @ uni so im doing websystems and also programming basics.

just wondering if any of you have any experience in html. and css. im unable to use any programs. so its gotta be pure commandline, or notepad shit.

and also if any of you have experience in java and bluej.?

welcome please post up an intro

:teef: haha never gets old

yo buck back when i left uni i use to have a few mediafire webpages which i did all in html and loaded up. what i use to do was see things in other websites, then view source and see if i can break down the components.

of course shit was much basic then. we are talking 90's hahaha

i actually use to go to free library computers and post up photos and blurbs about my trip around north america (working in van then training it around US) while i was on the trip. so my mates and fam cuz see what i was up to.

i guess it was an early form of a blog.

The vast majority of websites are using scripts or code that other people have written. I haven't written a lot of Jquery or anything like that, just modified existing scripts to suit my needs.

As for html and css I can help you with it if you need, but I need to know what you want help with. Send me a PM if you like

Just a tip straight off the bat though, get notepad ++ or similar. It will help you with coding by colouring tags and as such.

Are you doing an IT degree or are these electives?

If you're doing a full IT degree then I strongly suggest that you don't copy code.

If you don't learn the basics properly then you're going to find it very difficult in future courses. Second and third year courses build on what you learn in first year, and it is assumed that you still remember what you supposedly learned.