how did you create your dj name?

Suby

Used to DJ a retro night for a few years. First name is Steve, so one night the MC decided to call me Funky Steve over the mic. Don;t really use it for gigs but if anyone asks, that what I usually call myself.

If ever I do any hard styles of dance music I was thinking of using DJ Natski as it's how part of my surname is pronounced and sounds very Euro-dance DJish :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well back in the days when me and a few mates were gtting into the scene most DJ's that we knew had their First name and initial as their dj name.

So I followed suit except used my middle name because I thought it looked better and rolled off the tongue easier than "Rhys W".

Im considering change it to a two word phrase like "Funky Town" or another made up First and last name.

I believe it's easier to brand having two words in your name. It's hard though as I already have a logo and have sold myself to everyone as Rhys J. Thoughts anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
Well back in the days when me and a few mates were gtting into the scene most DJ's that we knew had their First name and initial as their dj name.

So I followed suit except used my middle name because I thought it looked better and rolled off the tongue easier than "Rhys W".

Im considering change it to a two word phrase like "Funky Town" or another made up First and last name.

I believe it's easier to brand having two words in your name. It's hard though as I already have a logo and have sold myself to everyone as Rhys J. Thoughts anyone?

I think Dj Rj sounds better :)