how did you create your dj name?

Suby

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mines Unfinished Business.

It was originally supposed to be a name for me and my mate when we play together, and we've both had instances where we've been fucking a chick, and we've been interrupted midway by people walking in or what not, hence we have, "unfinished business". I'd rather people not know the meaning of my name, but lolz wh@t3v$

• 2 weeks later...

i think eggs sell was created when i signed up to this forum. i know i've recounted the story before but here goes again..

basically my name is lex. i knew there was already an established dj in syd called lex

so i decided to just go with my name spelt backwards (something we called each other often as kids), and the closest phonetics was "ex-ell".

which i thought was good because you could read it as XL (extra large because i am phat with an f) and Excel (because i am an accountant).

and because dj's are cool i needed to have a cool way of spelling it so it became x.el. Only to find out some other DJ of all things was already using x'el!!!

i was already throwing around the idea of using eggs instead of X, then when i first logged into adjf i had the epiphany of using sell for the L. hence eggssell was born.

and from that egg came a stone monkey......

dflux4 - i got the d from my first car amp which was a class d monobloc 1000w kenwood. They powered 2 12 inch clarion pro audio subs which made me fall in love with the deep bass from dirty electro. Flux was derived from the term fluctuation in sound waves ( althought it could be used in several other ways). And four is my favourite number, the only horse or dog i will bet on and the day i was born.

So it to me represented bass fluctuating with a lucky number - dflux4 all lower case :D