how did you create your dj name?

Suby

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine has been changed again, to El-Samchez

Basically I dress up in a lot of costumes and had been at a house party as a mexican and introducing myself as Samchez in spanish. El meaning 'The' and Sanchez being a common last name in Mexico my name is 'Sam' so it was a natural progression.

I had a few drinks and the organiser for a gig coming up asked what my name was as he was having the artwork done that week. Needless to say the answer was El-Samchez. I registered a domain so I would have to commit. Best thing to do is to make it relevant to yourself. That way when people call you by your stage name it's not awkward and you can respond to it naturally.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Minty Condition. Spent a few hours walking around places or just going onto the net. In the end I got bored and decided to go search some decks on ebay, when I came across the description "Mint Condition". I thought Mint sounds pretty cool, but Minty would be better, however that was already taken so I decided to stay with Minty Condition. :teef:

YSM > Your Surrogate Mother. A name i picked for all the artists out there that create and move on.

.. typically in my eyes the surrogate mother goes through everything a music track does.

1) A beginning

2) Technicalities

3) A genuine love and proper motivation

4) Sickness (mainly of the artist hearing the same thing over & over to get it right but does not give up or complain)

5) To be the one creating something for someone else as much as their self.

Finally to complete something that your proud of and have someone else take it away and enjoy it.

Music in my eyes is what a surrogate mother goes through. from start to end.

got over the whole dj (insert gay name here)

had to come up with a name to go under

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Spector

reminising about a yr 8 music assignment i had to do about phil spector

(hes sum mad WHALE who produced in the 50's for diana ross etc, with his trademark wall of sound)

anyway- now hes sum nutter who like killed his wife or some shit

hence "ill spector"

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Uhh wel im still undecided as to what i shall call myself. As i have been nicknamed DJ Dest-Royer. Sounds a bit cocky or over confident or over powered. But the reason why is my last name is Royer

My Father liked the name dest = DestRoyer

But i liked it and i dont have a middle name so i put it up as my facebook middle name for shits and giggles.

So i started just Dj'ing off my laptop and mates birthdays for fun and i was just using the hosts speakers..... 4 out of 4 party's i blew there sound systems up :S. 2 were bose systems. So all my mates called me the destroyer

wow only just finding this thread, been around for a while

I used to go by the name Westsyde which is a nickname my friends gave me cause my last name is West, but after a while i wanted to change it to something else (that didnt have my name in it), i just started writing down different names to see which sounded better, then 1 day i came across Defcon which is a military alertness of 5 stages (1 is standard and 5 is high alert) so i got rid of the c and changed it with a K

Hense.........DefKon

ive stuck with this for almost 3 yrs now, last year i actually found out that theirs a few defkons in the world, 1 of which actually lives in the same state, but i thought meh im not changing it again, lets just see who gets famous 1st, and that person can keep the name :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Last name - Sim

Fave style is Dirty Filthy Hard Tech - Tech

Semtex is an explosive

From there it became SimTechs

Wasn't a fan of how it looked but love the sound

EQs are the most important part of a mixer

That is how SimtEQs was created.

• 2 months later...

I go on all forums usually as "TheBear" or "dcbear78". Bear come from when I was playing inline hockey my team mates gave me this nick name. Being a bit over 6 foot and 100kg, adding another couple on inches in height with skates on and another couple inches in width as I was a goalie with all the pads, I was quite big and imposing.

But as I come to grow up I realised Bear was a name given to an over-weight gay man, so I have been trying to move away from that name. And especially didn't want it for anything club related.

So when I was creating a soundcloud profile (or maybe mixcloud) I needed an extra letter so added a 1 on the end. Made the "R" little to be different. Also may be looked at as "Doctor C1".