DJM T-1 available in Australia

anditz

http://www.pioneer.com.au/au/products/4 ... index.html

This mixer is now available in Australia, one thing that caught my eye in particular is the rack and pinion mechanism on the faders. Is that a new design? I've never seen them like that before.

Looks like a very well spec'd piece of equipment, but then there's that price tag and only two channels.

Thoughts?

its more than just a 2 channel mixer because you get traktor scratch duo. which means you can use as normal mixer, as a time code solution, and as a timecode plus controller option (i.e 2 time code decks, and 2 controller decks).

but yeah still pricey as.

and yes you can do above with S4, but S4 between two turnies may not be peoples cup of tea.

EDIT: and yeah for that price you can get a good mixer and tsp. but i guess some would pay for the ease of not needing a seperate sound card

i know hey way too pricey. but i guess you paying for brand rep too.

id go that traktor scratch certified denon one, and if you really need your fancy buttons for hot cuing just get dicers. still ends up cheaper and you get four channels.

but that could be because i dont use (or really understand) traktors effects. maybe having control of them from your mixer means you can add a lot more flare to your sets. who knows.

im thinking it could be aimed at people who would have previously used

mixer + audio 4/8 + X1 + decks

which will set you back a bit, and it also meant that the gap between decks was bigger because of the X1.

now you cut it to

mixer + decks

at around the same price and with a standard spacing between your decks

this mixer and the pio controller (2 chan for 1k and limited features compared to older controllers) is making me look at other brands when buying stuff now :S

industry standard doesnt mean less featuers for more money pio /rant

agree with this but they are still CDJ kings, Denon just cant overtake them yet, although i love the look of the 3700, they have some crazy features

I think there maybe much more to this than meets the eye.

It looks like a good update on the DJM909 which was the first ever mixer to combine a turntablist layout and cross fader with Club DJ fx options.

I cant afford one but will be looking fwd to having a play on one at first opportunity.