mp3 editing software

wrxfiend

Just wondering if any of you guys chop acapella samples from mp3? I used to use NG wave on another PC but have lost my registration codes long ago.

Any ideas for some other software, I have used audacity for recording but cant seem to edit mp3's i open from file.

I did a search on this but couldn;t find any answers, mind you still getting used to the forum!

Cheers lads

audacity can edit mp3's man, it's a nice free program. Not sure what your doing wrong for it to not edit them.

If your going to chop acapella out of a file, copy the whole file to a new folder (so you can't wreck the original), open it, chop and mess around until you get what you want, save and you should be sweet

• 2 weeks later...

ok got audacity sorted, now to piece these beats swarming around in my head, I believe ableton would be best for me as i am a pc user. After watching a few tutorials I think ive got making beats down, but I want to lay down some of those layered cuts, and although quite new to this I think i need to learn slicing aswell for the melody loops. Is there any free software i could slice with? I'm not gangsta rich and therefore would like to hone these skills before i fork out 700 odd bucks for ableton. pretty sure i can construct the layered cuts in audacity but I cant find a slicing tool in audacity.

sorry if my post is a dogs breakfast. My head is swimming with all this new found info!

I think practicing turntablism for years will help with all this prodution hoowey. But really wish i had started exploring production earlier........so much to learn!

thanks guys!