Mutiple MIDI's & Traktor HELP!

yizzle

hey guys, so i got an annoying ass issue here.

I got a AKAI MPK mini today and mapped it all out to Traktor S4 which was fine. But the idea i had was to map it with other MIDI controllers. After mapping out the AKAI i moved on to map my KORG NanoPad.

Problem: a button or knob will come up as eg. Ch01.CC.02 and that i have set for a variable or Traktor. Then i try and set my KORG to do something else and it seems that it also has a button that will come up as Ch01.CC.02 and they conflict.

Both buttons have different commands but with execute them simultaneously.

I went into the KORG NanoPads control software and changed everything from Global settings, changing all the buttons to things like Ch56.F#.126 to try to get away from the problem.

But everytime i load Traktor it just keeps conflicting with the last mapped button.

If anyone knows what im talking about, or has had the same issues PLEASE HELP ME ITS DRIVING ME NUTS!! :)

combing through the net has only proved to be a pain in the ass and alot of stupid youtube tutorials that have nothing to do with what im talking about.

:wall:

Does that mean Traktor always has to be run through ableton. Cause i really would prefer not to do that. for many a reasons.

Well i will look into it. thanks guys.

[5 mins later edit]: is the option for traktor and ableton to work together only possible on mac? cause thats all i can seem to find help with.

but if anyone has any other advice on just mapping the two through traktor alone, well, that would be spiffy.

hey ysm

again this is just from what ive found and nothing i have tried (i would test for you but i only have one controller at home).

it looks like there are two options. importing two tsi's this way

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/02/24/s ... n-traktor/

but not sure about the limitations. i.e. what it does when there is a conflict.

or using a single tsi and changing the channel on one of the controllers (this may be what you already tried). note in some of these examples it looks like some controllers use multi channels (like APC uses 9), so you may need to know how many channels your controllers are using and assign them so they dont clash.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32749

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24612

anyways good luck with it

thanks another bunch eggs. I did get around to it working.

Ah, It came down to using the MIDI editor. You can change all the buttons, save the configuration etc but i did not know you had to 'save data file'. i just thought saving it was all you needed. It was an annoying try everything and fail lots experience. the tsi stuff is interesting & the info about ableton so it was still worth a post.

Thanks heaps everyone!