Maschine Mikro

Cupe

01_MASCHINE_MIKRO_group_clickenlarge_03.png

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/ ... ine-mikro/

MASCHINE MIKRO is the perfect entry into the world of MASCHINE, giving you tactile, hands-on control for beat production, sampling and performance. This latest addition to the family has the same powerful software and 6 GB+ sample library as its big brother, as well as the same responsive pads on a more compact and portable controller. MASCHINE MIKRO makes a perfect addition for any production setup - get hands-on with your rhythms and grooves both in the studio and on the stage.

MASCHINE MIKRO is a professional music production tool, combining the flexibility of software with the immediacy of hardware. Create rhythms, bass lines, chords and melodies, and build tracks on-the-fly with the intuitive, clip-based sequencer. MASCHINE MIKRO also gives you a high-performance sampler, professional effects and full support for VST® and Audio Units™ plug-ins. What’s more, you can also run MASCHINE MIKRO as a plug-in in your DAW.

If you are a user of iMASCHINE - NI’s on-the-go beat sketchpad for the iPhone and iPod Touch – you can import your iMASCHINE projects to MASCHINE MIKRO to finish your ideas in your home studio.

The software is the same.

One's bigger and the other one is small.

The bigger one has more knobs to turn.

The bigger one records automation.

The smaller one's menus on display are more straight forward, which I like. For example, selecting events actually tells me the sample/sound I'm selecting. Also, in Pad mode/Keyboard mode there is a simple octave up or down.

They're both awesome. There's no law against getting two.

The software does not timestretch or sidechain. The Maschine song mode is jankey

---

Another annoying problem is the Maschine's software midi out capabilities.

When in stand-alone (not midi-mode) the Maschine does not send out multiple midi channels, like 11 or 16

For example, Geist's scene's are trigger on channels 11 and 16. I have no way of triggering Geist scenes. Transposing down to c-2 does not work.

Also, you cannot route midi to different channels.

And I assume prices differ between stockists